Tuesday, September 22, 2009

** Odds & Ends **

The last few days, I've either been really busy, or really down-and-out!

I felt as if I was fighting off a cold on Friday, Saturday and Sunday....plus went to Scotty's baseball game, and also kept him overnight on Saturday night. Luckily, he's old enough to entertain himself pretty well.

Thankfully, I felt much better yesterday morning, because I was scheduled to give a talk to grade school students about writing, editing and publishing. I am just amazed at how young these kids are learning about writing, and the entire writing business.....as early as 1st Grade, and sometimes Kindergarten! Another local writer and I, spoke to 4 grade levels, 2 classes of each: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders. It was a lot of fun.

Today was the only day I have nothing else scheduled, which was a good thing, because I had to get my column written and e-mailed before noon, plus I looked into other writing venues, etc. AND had to do some housework, too......Ahhh.....if only I could afford my very own "Hazel". Usually when I say that, I get odd looks from people who obviously never watched the old TV show about a live-in maid named Hazel!

The rest of the week goes like this: Tomorrow (Wednesday): the same local writer and I again speak to grade school students about writing, but at a different school.

Thursday & Friday: I'm speaking to high school students about writing (what else?!) and how I began writing so late in life, and my goals, etc.

Whew!...Then next week, I concentrate much more on my book. I've given myself (another) deadline and intend on keeping it this time! Help!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,
    It is so generous of you to talk to students about writing. Think of all the impressionable future writers you might have in your midst. You are my hero of the week!
    Donna V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, Donna....you are too sweet!
    I really love doing it, and I do hope at least a student or two will remember me! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.