Wednesday, December 9, 2009

*** Did Somebody Say WIND?? ***

We're not getting the blizzard that many states are suffering from today, BUT....since around midnight or so last night, the wind has been causing some damage, and waking up quite a few people...yours truly included!

It's enough to take breath away (including Tiger's!), scoot around patio furniture, and blow empty, Christmasy-wrapped boxes out of the little, wooden wagon in our front yard! Luckily, when I looked out my door for about the 6th time this morning, and noticed that 2 of them had jumped right out of that wagon, they were still in MY yard. I grabbed a coat, ran out and retrieved them, plus the ones still in the wagon, and brought them inside. (Another fortunate thing was that I was not still in my jammies!)

I think it's definitely a good day to stay inside and do a little baking, work on my Christmas cards, and get some writing accomplished! I think I'll call some of my relatives in Iowa, too, and see how they're doing.

I'm soooo grateful I don't have to go anywhere today!

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful day to be inside, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...And even though I LOVE snow, I'm glad we aren't in the Blizzard Zone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wind has been really howling here today too, Becky! I had to go out in it to go to work, but I'm glad to be home again now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daisy! So, did you get any snow?
    I did call and talk to my sister-in-law and brother that live in northern Iowa and they have about 10 inches of snow! They both were off work today, so that was a nice thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had just a little snow--maybe an inch, but then we had rain after it. Mostly it is just cold here and REALLY windy! 10 inches of snow is quite a bit! Good that they could stay home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daisy! Thanks for your comment! How's your weather today? It's still been really cold here, but the wind blew on out of town! Warmer temps are on the way for a couple of days at least, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becky! The wind has died down today, and it warmed up a little but not much. Made it into the twenties, I think. Hope you have a nice weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Daisy! I hope you have a wonderful weekend,too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.