Monday, December 28, 2009

** My Plan For 2010 **

I’m not one to make New Year’s resolutions. I know that 99% of the time, people just say what they think others want to hear, or what they know in their hearts they should do; such as quitting smoking, exercising and losing weight. Luckily, I’m not fighting any of those battles. (I quit smoking many years ago; I do exercise, even though it’s quite minimal; and I’ve already lost 10 lbs. and am on my way to my goal of 20 lbs!)

I do have some definite plans, though, as to how I will live my life in the year 2010. I’ll call them Steps 1-2-3.

1) I will not waste so much precious time. I am awake approximately 18 hours every day, and some of those days, I certainly don’t accomplish very much.

2) I will get my home office organized and keep it that way.

3) I’m going to consistently write my memoir and get it completed.

All three steps basically boil down to one thing: More Time for Writing!



"There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important thing." -- Brian Tracy

7 comments:

  1. I'm hoping two of my 2010 goals will support each other: Write more and eat less!

    With busy fingers, I can't possibly put edible no-no's in my mouth, can I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope we all meet our "goals" and stick to our "plans"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, any tips for number 2. It's one of my goals, too. But I struggle with it constantly. I seem to always have piles her and there, but if I file them away, I forget about them. Or need them again.

    I like K9's goal, too :) I need to add that to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Writer Chick! Thanks for your comments! I smiled when I read you were asking for my advice on the organization problem....It seems to be a very common problem with writers and it all pretty much boils down to one thing: We are so creative and constantly thinking about things to write about, that we jot them down on anything handy and then they tend to pile up! AND, I love your statement about when you DO file them, you forget about them! That is SO me! It seems to have gotten worse this past year, too, and I guess it's multiple reasons: I'm blogging now. I'm looking into more contests and calls for submissions. (Notice I said "looking into"...I'm too unorganized to actually follow through and actually enter into most of them! Accckkkk!)Another thought....I hope it's not an age problem, because if that's the case, then it's just gonna get worse! :-0
    I'm sticking with the "way too creative to be organized" idea...for now anyway!! SO, to answer your question.....I have no answers! I'll try to post updates and let ya'll know how I'm doing! And please, feel free to comment or e-mail and bug me about it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cleaned my office yesterday... let's see if it will stay clean UNTIL 2010! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, these sound like excellent goals. They are definitely things you can accomplish. Best of luck to you in meeting them. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Daisy and Karrie! Wow! Maybe I can actually accomplish everything....especially with such great friends to support me!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.