Friday, January 1, 2010

** Happy New Year! **

How many of us are saying, "I can't believe it's 2010."  It seems like just a year or so ago that the song 1999 by Prince was so appropriate!  ".....so tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999". Wow...that was 10 years ago!

My husband and I "partied" last night with 4 dear friends......snacking, playing cards and listening to "the oldies". I even got up and did a crazy dance a few times.....mostly when we women won the round of cards! The one moment of the evening that wasn't funny or silly was when Rita's husband said something so profound.......that we can all be happy and celebrate that Rita is still with us! (I've mentioned Rita various times on this blog and also in my writings. She recently had open heart surgery, plus a benign tumor removed that was partly collapsing one of her lungs.) She's had an amazing recovery!!....Especially for someone her age!! Sorry, Rita!!

There's nothing better than having friends that are also our family.

"Just thinking about a friend makes you want to do a happy dance, because a friend is someone who loves you in spite of your faults." -- Charles M. Schulz

7 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun celebration to me, Becky. I think friends, food, and fellowship make the best mix. :D

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The years certainly do fly by, don't they? Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks,Daisy and Pat! Yes, friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Rita's still doing well!!! She's been in my prayers. Please send her ((hugs)) from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky,
    Thanks for your friendship and support in 2009. Here's hoping 2010 is a wonderful year!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Tammy. Yes, it's wonderful about Rita. I shared your hugs and prayers with her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna! Thank you for YOUR friendship and support, too, this past year. I have a great feeling about 2010....being a fabulous writing year for all of us!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.