Wednesday, January 27, 2010

** Tomorrow is the Big Day **

(photo courtesy of transitionsabroad.com)
Tomorrow, Thursday January 28th, I'll be on my way to Des Moines, Iowa. My fabulous husband is taking a couple of days off, to drive me to a women's writer retreat/workshop! He is such a great guy!

I've listed some of the information below. The line that really got me is the sentence below, in blue ink. Doesn't that sound fantastic? I'm sure I'll be blogging about it!

Coming Home: Writing From the Soul

Presented by: Joyce Rupp and Mary Kay Shanley

A Winter Retreat for Women

(Thursday evening through Sunday noon)

Visualize being with a group of vibrant women who are tending their souls in a light-filled, cozy room with a fireplace glowing on a clear winter’s day. Add to this, the development of writing skills that help express what is hidden within the deeper self. All this awaits you on this retreat, plus the joy of relating to others equally intent on greater discovery and celebration of their purpose and direction in life.

Joyce Rupp offers her extensive experience of spiritual growth through creative ritual and reflective conferences. Mary Kay Shanley brings her respected skills of teaching at the University of Iowa Summer Writing Festival and other national writing workshops to lead the group through inventive processes that develop and hone writing abilities.

Limited to 30 Participants.

"A writer never has a vacation. For a writer, life consists of either writing or thinking about writing." -- Eugene Ionesco

13 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fabulous retreat. Have fun and enjoy the drive with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful experience. Enjoy, and give us a full report on how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds exciting, Becky! Hope you have a great time and learn a lot there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks wonderful! Have a great trip and crank out some even better writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Janel! Yeah, he's a great guy!...most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat! Thanks! You know I will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Daisy! I hope so, too! And also, I sure hope they really DO have a cozy fireplace because I read it's supposed to be REALLY cold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karrie! Hey, great to hear from you! The only thing that would make this adventure better, I think...would be to have all my writing-blogging gal friends there with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I woulod love a writer's retreat, but don't think my wife would let me off to spend the weekend (at least with a group of women :-) ).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Walt! Loved your comment! Made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great time! Wish I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this is way out of date to be commenting on, but you read something about this at Saturday Writers so it interested me. This conference sounded really awesome! I love the blue ink line also! Def. the place I would want to be in a freezing cold place like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Jennifer! I think I need to send you a prize for searching out this old post on my blog! It really was a wonderful, life changing event. I had quite a few tears saying good-bye to some of the women I met there. Thank you so much for all your comments!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.