Tuesday, January 5, 2010



Yesterday was a great day, even if it was another bitterly cold day. For one thing, the sun shone brightly and my car heater worked wonderfully as I drove to meet two writer friends for lunch. We met at a favorite place in old St. Charles, Magpie's, ate delicious homemade soups, salads and quiches. Then we shared a hot apple crepe, topped with vanilla ice cream, and the converation never lagged. We discussed serious topics, and laughed hysterically at others. We marveled at how alike we three are, yet obviously so unique to our own selves.
After lunch, I opened fabulous gifts.....because it's very near to my birthday!

What a wonderful time! I'm so grateful for my friends and wish every one of you could have joined us!
(photo courtesy of restaurant.com)


"Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things." -- Author Unknown

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely lunch, Becky. Hope you have a happy birthday! :)

    I like that quote at the end too. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been there in ages, but I remember Magpie's is a great place to eat!

    Happy early birthday, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Daisy! And yes, I really like the quote about friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Becky, You didn't invite us! Thanks for the heads up on Erma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda! I'm sorry if you were available. I just assumed...(and I know what happens when a person does that!)that you were back at work! My apologies to anyone else who may have felt left out. :(

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.