Sunday, March 21, 2010

** Calling All Funny, Weird, Humorous Writers **

Ever since I first heard about this contest.....months ago....I really wished I could write poetry. And not even just poetry, but funny poetry! And with a name like Wergle Flomp, how could it be anything else??

The Official name is: The Wergle Flomp Poetry Contest.  Catchy, isn't it?!  (I keep hearing that old song and lyrics in my head: "Let's all do the Bristol Stomp") 

There is NO ENTRY FEE. Entries have been accepted since August 15, 2009, and they end on April 1, 2010. So that leaves about 10 days to get your crazy, wacky, hilarious,  and to use one of their own phrases: "Inspired gibberish" entries submitted. The prize money is....to use one of MY favorite words: Fabulous! Winning entries and Honorable Mentions will also be published on Winning Writers.

Go to their website for all the guidelines and pertinent info. But hurry. You only have until April 1, 2010.


10 comments:

  1. That's right - give Keats a run for his money!

    Good luck in the contest!

    :-D Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a few of the winning poems...interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anna! But, I doubt if I'll be entering it. I'm more of a "Erma" kind of writer....well, actually, maybe I SHOULD enter it!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat! I read some of them months ago. I just remember thinking that's way out of my league.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think R. Povich should enter-you can never go wrong with a good "Roses are Red" poem :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Miss Cathy C.! Thanks! I'll let "R." think about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't visited the site yet, but I'm thinking Lewis Carroll's "The Jabberwocky": "Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe; all mimsy were the borogoves,and the mome raths outgrabe." That's just the beginning, of course; I memorized the whole thing when I was a kid because my brother learned it for school and I was his unwilling audience. He used to stand on a chair to recite it and I had to listen and clap when he was done. LOL I've never forgotten it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky! I actually had heard of this contest before and already sent a poem in. I doubt it will win anything, but it is fun to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, Lisa...I cannot believe your memory! That's awesome! I think anything I ever memorized that well, were song lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Daisy! That's great, because you really do write some cool poetry! I've read it on your blog, ya know! Also, I posted info about this contest months ago, when I first heard of it. The deadline seemed so far off then. Maybe that's where you read about it, too! I don't remember how long we've been followers of each other, though.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.