Thursday, March 4, 2010

** Think I Need Another Therapeutic Thursday **

I don't catch normal colds like normal people do. I usually start getting that itchy throat feeling and in about a day or two, Boom! I have a sinus infection, or sometimes a little later: bronchitis. Fortunately, this usually only happens about once or twice a year. Anyway, I'm into day 3 and feeling quite droopy. The worst thing about this kind of "illness" is that even though I'm not what I would describe as sick, I don't feel like doing a darn thing....not even writing, or making my cards, or reading! I just want to lay around and try to stay snuggly and warm. BUT, I had to at least open up the old laptop and read a few blogs. I also decided to post a little something today, or people would wonder where I am....Hopefully, you would!

Until next time, I've got my box of Puffs Plus Lotion ( a MUST), my heating pad for my cold little tootsies, bottled water, a cup of (temporarily) hot tea, chapstick, Afrin nasal spray.....and I think I may have to order in pizza for an early dinner! No fever here, so I better start feeding this bug with lots of calories and carbs! That's what Linda O. did and she felt better fast. Sounds like a great experiement to me! :)

If you're going to catch a bug, there's only one I recommend .........

"Happiness is contagious...when you reflect happiness, then all others around you catch the happy bug and are happy, too." -- Jennifer Leese

17 comments:

  1. Sorry that you're sick! Sounds like you armed with the right bug fighters, though. Have you ever tried the Puffs with Vicks Vaporub scent? Very nice for cleaning out those nasal cobwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, Becky. So sorry you are not feeling up to par but hope you will be on-the-mend, soon. Thank heavens you can hunker down and recuperate in the comfort of your home. Feel better! Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better real soon. No one likes being just a little under the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have the right recipe to feel better fast. And don't rush progress. There are few things worse than a relapse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Janel, Susan, Ann, Pat and Lynn!! Reading your comments was like a dose of medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, Becky. I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Daisy! Hopefully, all these get-well wishes will magically heal me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you well. Get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids and .... aw, you know that stuff already. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Lisa! All the get well wishes are so appreciated. I'm heading back to the couch right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Becky,

    I am so sorry that you are sick. I know it wipes you out. I'll be praying for you to be much better by tomorrow.

    <3

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. <3 is a heart, I don't know if it will show up that way on the last post though.

    Heart!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Kathy! The <3 is very cute! I've never seen that before. I'm glad you explained it, too, because I don't think I would've figured it out! Still feeling pretty lousy today, so far, but hey...I'm sure I'll be feeling great soon with all these well-wishes from all you wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My whole family endured a bug recently. Huge pain. And a lot of problems to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Walt. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Yes, I read all about your poor family and what all you went through. Thank goodness I only have a sinus infection! Got some meds from my doc yesterday afternoon. I'm feeling somewhat better and just knowing I'll be back to my old self soon is helping!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear it sounds like you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Tammy! Thanks! Yes, I think I'm on the mend!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.