Thursday, April 22, 2010

** What? .... It Isn't Still Tuesday?! **

Due to the necessary evils of opening junk mail and bills (no, not a single handwritten note or letter!), and then deciding which bill was urgent enough to pay today.... I don't have much time to blog right now.

PLUS, the fact that I still have 42 million "Participation Awards" to fill out and 10 "Congratulations Awards" to fill out...all in my pretty-as-possible handwriting, which I absolutely must have completed by tomorrow night! Aacckkkk!!

Just wanted to mention two new books that are coming out next month, by two of my favorite authors.
"The Family Man" by Elinor Lipman
"The Red Thread" by Ann Hood

I learned a long time ago, NOT to read the front jackets or much of ANY information about a book. They used to just give enough information for the reader to decide if they might want to read it or not. Then the day came where the jacket gave me the entire plot, AND ruined the story for me!

So, all I can tell you about both books is this:
Elinor's is humorous, while Ann's is (as one review said) a tearjerker!

One more thing. I've read a book or two by both authors, that weren't exactly my favorites and/or didn't quite live up to my expectations, but all in all, I'm really glad I read them all.

P.S. If you have your volume turned off because you don't like hearing music while you read blogs, please give mine a listen. I've changed it again, back to some incredibly beautiful songs.

"Real luxury is time and opportunity to read for pleasure." -- Jane Brody

10 comments:

  1. I need to do some more reading. I have a stack of books just waiting for me!

    Good luck with the certificates...I'm assuming for the SW workshop. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky you are an angel to fill out all those certificates. I know the kids will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky....Have been away two days so I'm catching up. Love the new music...much more peaceful. Thanks for your posts. Also, for sending instructions on the banner. Need to try that. Wish me luck. (You'll be hearing from me real soon if it doesn't work for me. ha ha ha). Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat! I agree! Do more reading! Although, I also know that sometimes, no matter what, I am just too tired to read....pretty sad, huh?! Yep, the certificates are for the workshop! See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna! Thanks! Next time I "volunteer" for something, I've learned there are more questions to ask....as in, "Just how many of the certificates ARE there?!" Sheesh!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan! Glad you like the music. I change it around often, depending on my musical mood! In a few days, it may be changed to crazy dancin' music!! Good luck with the blog stuff! I'm sure you'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 42 million! That's a lot! HA! Made my hand hurt just thinking about it. Good luck getting them all done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having the same kind of week, so your titles are really throwing me! Good luck getting it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Daisy! Yep, 42 million is way too many! Surprisingly my hand isn't hurting and my writing is getting nicer as I go along....hmmm..practice makes perfect!(?) I AM taking breaks every now and then, too, of course. I'm nearing the end, so tomorrow won't be a total panic day! And, maybe I can get a different kind of "writing" into my day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Tam! Where are my titles throwing you to??!! :D
    Can I come along?? It does look like I'll actually get these certificates finished in time....whooooweeee!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.