Tuesday, May 18, 2010

** Hey, I Know This Guy!! I Know This Guy!! **

(photo: courtesy of Redbook Magazine)


This good looking young man just won Redbook Magazine's "Hottest Husband" Contest!

Ray (Bubba) Sorensen and his wife, Maria, live in Greenfield, Iowa. If you've known me or read my blog for very long, you know that the very small town of Greenfield holds a special place in my heart. My parents and grandparents were from there, and although they are all deceased now, I still love going back to visit. I wrote a weekly column for the newspaper there (Adair County Free Press), for the past two years, until I just recently went on hiatus to complete my book.

I met Ray and his lovely wife, Maria, the last time I was in Greenfield. They had recently opened their photography and art studio and proudly showed me around.

I knew of Ray's painting, though, for a few years. He is famous for painting The Freedom Rock outside of Greenfield on a two-lane country highway.

You can learn all about Ray and Maria Sorensen on the three links above.
Oh...and his prize for being the winner??...a trip which will finally be their honeymoon!

“It's not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game even starts.” -- Addison Walker

(P.S. Please don't forget to scroll down and leave comments for my book give-away!)

11 comments:

  1. How cool is that! It's good to see nice guys win once in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to know such a handsome celebrity! :)

    I love that he leaves hidden love notes to his wife in his murals. What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I like that quote at the end of your post, Becky! And congrats to the handsome hubby! Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I like to see the nice guys win too! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting was that - I've never heard of that award, but I think it's great he won it. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daisy, Janel, Susan, Karen!! Thanks for stopping and leaving comments. Yeah, isn't that a great story?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing about Ray. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the Freedom Rock email that went around. How neat that you know the guy responsible! Your "cool factor" just keeps on rising... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, shucks, Lisa! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.