Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer Solstice 2010!


This is my oldest son, Scott, who is in England on a business trip. He just sent this photo to us yesterday, and I was thrilled to see that he was able to visit one of the most extraordinary monuments in the world.

It's also one of those Twilight Zone moments I seem to experience more and more lately. While doing a little research online just now about Summer Solstice, I discovered that thousands of people flock to Stonehenge every year to witness this event. It looks like Scott was a day or so early, but all the better, otherwise he would've just been lost in a sea of Druids, hippies, pagans and other curious folk!


"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time." -- John Lubbock

8 comments:

  1. Nice picture, Becky. Thanks for sharing it. Nice looking fellow, your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia! Thank you for the compliment to my son! He's a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to Stonehenge when we visited England. They had these neat bus tours in various directions. It was great! (My favorite excursion, though, was to Bath.)

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo!
    That's wonderful that your son got to visit Stonehenge, i wish I could pack up and travel there myself right now :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Stonehenge amazing - to think how smart and techincal people were years and years ago.

    Nice looking son!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stonehenge would be such an interesting place to visit. Probably lucky that he was early for the solstice. I can only imagine what that crowd would be like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat that he got to visit Stonehenge. That's a great picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting that he got to visit Stonehenge. Although I'll admit the movie "Spinal Tap" has kind of ruined it for me. I tend to start giggling uncontrollably now whenever I see a picture of it :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.