Sunday, June 13, 2010

** If It's Past Midnight....It Must Be Sunday **

Happy Sunday Morning! Ever since I woke up Saturday morning at 6:00am, I've been planning to write on my blog. I managed to read my newest comments and respond to those. Thank you all so much! I browsed through a few blogs here and there and read my new e-mail.

One of those e-mails was from She Writes, congratulating me on being approved for membership! It looks like a wonderful site for writers in all genres, in all cities and countries. I haven't had much time to check it out completely, but it looks like a place I'd suggest to all my Writer-Gal-Pals! Just click on the button on the right, or on the link above.

Have any of you tried out Bloggers new "Template-Background" thingy?! All I can say is: BEWARE! There doesn't seem to be a "Trial" button, or a "Go back, I don't like this one!" button. It doesn't come with very clear instructions, either, in my mind. I found a really cute one I wanted to try out. It didn't do what it was supposed to do and it looked terrible. The more I tried to "fix" it, the worse it got. I don't know how I got back to my most recent (and present) one, but thank goodness I did! I also saw quite a few comments saying the same things on another blog...so again: Beware!

I have other things I want to write about, but those can wait until later Sunday, or maybe even Monday.
For now, I have a mahhhhhvelous poem by one of my newest writer-blogger-buddies: Susan Noyes Anderson.  Sue has both a blog and a website and she is happy to share her poetry, provided the copyright information is clearly visible, which I'm very happy to do! I'm also including the links to both her blog and her website.

I chose this particular poem because it pretty much "Tells It Like It Is" concerning my relationship with my "current" body these days!


Renewing the Vows

©1996 by Susan Noyes Anderson, Poetpourri

I almost divorced my body

a couple of years ago.

Certainly, we were separated.

Irreconcilable differences.

Growing in different directions.

It, wider and older.

I, wiser and bolder.

(there was no consensus on this)

We got down to dividing

community property

and hit a snag.

Several, actually.

Limbs, lungs, kidneys,

ovaries, breasts––

Matched sets, all of them.

Not recommended for removal.

To be separated only in case

of medical emergency.

So we worked it out.

Cut each other some slack.

Rebonded. Rebounded.

Reached an understanding.

Made a commitment.

I take this body.

To have and to hold.

From this day forward.

As long as we both shall

Live.

It’s not perfect, but

consider the alternative.

"You can only perceive real beauty in a person as they get older." -- Anouk Aimee

16 comments:

  1. I created a fake test blog for playing with templates...that way, if it messes it up, I still have my regular blog all fixed up pretty-like until I figure out what I'm doing on the fake one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh....They don't call you Mrs. June Freaking Cleaver for no reason!! You're pretty AND smart! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I haven't tried the new templates, but I saw the link. I am always a little wary of new stuff on Blogger until they work out the bugs. I still have trouble with the font size switching back and forth on me when I don't want it to. Thanks for the heads up!

    Loved Susan's poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this poem! There comes a point when you say, Okay, flabby arms, I'll compromise on a sleeveless top, but butt and thunder thighs, you're staying undercover. I do accept the skin I'm in, just prefer to hide it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky....Thanks for your experience with the new templates. I saw that, too, and was tempted but was afraid I'd lose the whole "shabang." After reading your experience, I'm REALLY convinced not to touch them! Thanks! Have a great day. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Becky for the warning and will stay away from the new design until I know what I'm doing, which may never happen. And I LOVED that poem, so I shall go check her out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, also wanted to say I'm a member of She Writes, but whew, I barely have time to blog and that site has a lot! How does everyone get things accomplished?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been afraid of that template-changing thingy ever since I first saw it, and now I'm glad I listened to my fears!

    Thanks for liking my poem enough to post it here, and I really appreciate the links to both my blog and my poetry website.

    Now I think I'll mosey on over and check out She Writes. Somehow, I've missed that one...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking about joining She Writes. Your post maybe be the thing to "push me over the edge". :)

    I haven't tried the new template thingy on Blogger, but it sounds like something you would want to try on a test blog first. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the poem!!! Can I ever relate.

    And SPEAKING of relating, I [characteristically, SIGH] dove into the new templates before your warning and thrashed around for quite a while, unable to return to my beloved Stretch Minima, like you mentioned. That's the only reason my blog is now black! The good news is I think I'm learning to dog paddle at last. It really does have some wonderful features, and I love how you can personalize without downloading possible cooties. June F. Cleaver has the right idea!! Wish I'd thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE POETRY. GREAT POEM WILL CHECK OUT YH E BLOG MENTIONED .HAVE A GOOD DAY. ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great poem and so true!

    I keep wanting to change my blog again, but I always fear screwing up everything that's already in it.
    Sigh.

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Becky, I took a look at the new design thing, but they wanted to put all my slide shows which are stored at the bottom, on the sidebar ... and it made me dizzy to read my own blog! I kept toggling back until I got to where there was not chance on saving. I really like using the backgrounds and designs on "The Cutest Blog on the Blog". They are all free and give you lots of choices.

    I really enjoyed the poem too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the poem. Haven't tried the templates. Will check out the site. (did I miss anything?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for all your wonderful comments! I promise to get back later tonight to comment on YOUR comments!! (I'm still working on the birthday cards for June, that have to be mailed tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm Baaaack! Okay, it's Tuesday, the 15th at 11:11pm!
    Thank you to Daisy, Linda, Susan, Lynn, Sue, Janel, Tammy, Rose, K9Pat, Kathy and Lisa! I apologize for not giving each of you your own, and well deserved personal comment! I'm just trying to catch up as well and as fast as I can!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.