Friday, September 24, 2010

** Friday Night Announcements **

** I've made the decision to attempt to respond to everyone's comments via e-mail. (I realize I've said this before, but hopefully I will follow through this time!) After my day or two of "commenting like crazy", an idea came to me. I want to make it as easy as possible for anyone who takes the time to leave a comment for me, to see if I have acknowledged them! Because, how can we all remember where we left comments? And THEN, go back to those blogs to see if our scathingly brilliant comments received a comment back from the blog owner?! Too much time! Too crazy! And none of us need any of that, do we? SO, I'm definitely NOT discouraging leaving comments. No, please do! I read every one of them and they...and you....all mean so much to me. This way, you just won't have to stop back by unless you want to read something new, etc.

** I stumbled across another (new to me) blog this evening.  Here is the blog of Lynda Schab's "On the Write Track".  She has many publishing credits, and also provides links to various writing sites. Those of you who are interested in Christian writing, she has links for those, too. She is having a 12 Books of Christmas Contest/give-away, beginning this coming Monday! I'm definitely not one to rush Christmas, and reading about this contest didn't make me feel that way whatsoever. It just perked me up and made me happy! More books! More books! Oh and guess what? She has the books background that I had until I recently changed to my autumn leaves. SO, she must be a wonderful gal, don't you think?

** I heard absolutely no news concerning my sister today, so that tells me she must be okay. I'll definitely call tomorrow to see what the latest information is. Thanks for all your kind comments and e-mails. I so appreciate all of you.

** Have a wonderful, blissful weekend!


"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo Buscaglia

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure no news is good news with your sister. :)

    I hope you have a good weekend too! I'm heading to author Jody Hedlund's book signing in a few hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reply-to-comments policy is that I reply if the commenter has asked a question or raised a specific point that needs further discussion. It works for me. Wishing you a brilliant day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wanted to say HI... emailing every response sounds like a chore. but I know everyone will appreciate it. thanks for the link - will go check that out next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you hear good news about your sister, Becky. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope your sister is on the mend. It's difficult when you live far family and things pop up. You do the best you can. I applaud you re your effort to contact people who comment on your blog. I think we need to hire a time management person to help with this issue of maintaining contact with other bloggers.. I feel bad as I can't keep up making contact with bloggers.Have a good weekend. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky - behind on my blog reading. I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Hope all is well, you'll (both) be in my thoughts and prayers.

    I can barely keep up reading blogs much less commenting. I have no idea how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. jumping back thanks for your comment. it's tough to respond to all comments on blogs. no sweat. have a good day. rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Becky,
    It is always a pleasure to visit your uplifting blog. I especially enjoy all of your wonderful quotes. I am praying your sister continues to improve each and every day. Sisters are very important for sure. Have a good week, my friend~ Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. saw your comment my e mail is clugem@yahoo.com rose

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.