Saturday, February 19, 2011

Borders is Closing - Big Sales

The Borders in St. Peters is closing. Not a surprise to many of us, since it's practically across the street from Barnes & Noble.....and also the fact that their inventory began to dwindle over a year ago. When I was in there a couple of weeks ago, it was really stripped down.

The good news for customers is the SALE PRICES. I just received an e-mail with the EVERYTHING MUST GO words in it. The sale starts today. I imagine it will be like the Christmas rush. I'm sure I'll have to stop by and at least LOOK!

Welcome and Hello to my newest follower, Patti! Thanks so much, Patti, and I hope you always enjoy stopping by.
"So many books, so little time." -- Unknown

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for this tip. I am coming out your way for a wedding today, so I might take a detour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to hear about all these book store closings! I feel like I am entering some kind of Brave New World where there are no paper books!

    I came home late last night and found a great prize in my mailbox! Thank you and I will get back to you later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got an email notice that the Borders in one of Ann Arbor's malls is closing. I'm headed there in a couple of weeks to meet up with a couple of bloggers, so I will sadly check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I get a chance I'll check out Borders. I do hate to see another book store closing!

    Pat
    www.critteraley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky: I like Borders but, I have to admit, I like Barnes and Noble better. The very thought of books becoming obselete fills me with fear and dread. It cannot be! Books are dearest friends to me. I will not exchange them for Kindles.

    Take care and have a nice Sunday. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I was so sad to hear this! But thanks for posting about the sale....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone. I stopped by there this afternoon and could NOT believe what I saw. One LONG line, from one end of the store to the other, of people holding just a couple of items...and the sales at this point are only "From 20% to 40% Off"....I would never stand in a line that long unless I was getting about 75% off! It looked like they had 2 employees in the whole store....

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.