Tuesday, March 1, 2011

* If I Think it's Thursday, It Must be Tuesday *

It's deja vu, all over again. Sorry, but I just couldn't help myself! All day long, I kept thinking; What day is it? Wednesday? Thursday? It can't possibly be only Tuesday!

And....to boldly show my true, kooky self....I'm thinking this before, after, and DURING the weekly, EVERY TUESDAY coffee and critique group I attend! Yikes! Are ya worrying about me yet?!

I need an office assistant. A Samantha or a Jeannie. Someone who could just twitch her nose, or bop her head, and poof everything would be filed in the proper place, dust would vanish, the carpet would appear vaccumed, every e-mail, note and schedule for Saturday Writers would be completed, and my book would be finished, with the most amazing title!

I used to wish for a "Hazel." But I'm beyond needing housework and laundry help. I need magic. And fortunately, I do know that the only magic happening here is what comes from within ME. I'm plugging along as best I can and I have faith and confidence in myself. If I don't believe in myself, who will?

A big Welcome and Thank You to my newest Follower: Julie! Thanks for your wonderful comments, Julie. I hope you always enjoy your visits.

AND, a big Thank You to Alice L. for always "being there" for me. (I liked the title suggestion, too!)

“Our dreams are made of real things, like a shoebox full of photographs.” --  Jack Johnson

13 comments:

  1. Aloha Becky;
    Sorry, it's been so long. Like you said things get way beyond us, then we need magic to get us back on track.
    But I'm glad to hear your're plugging right along with your book!
    Gotta catch up with everyone's blog.
    Hugs to you, CG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha back at ya! Thanks for stopping by! I've missed you, but I certainly understand about being busy....boy, do I REALLY understand! Hugs back to you, CG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I lived near you, I could be your office assistant! I have years of experience :-)

    I woke up thinking today was Thursday...and I'm never too sure about the date. I always have to ask when I'm signing & dating papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky Girlfriend!

    You are so busy, but I hope that you are able to enjoy most of it.

    Why can't you just keep the original title? It catches my attention and makes me think of Erma Bombeck. If I was in the bookstore and walking by and saw it on the shelf, I would think, hey I bet that book would be good and I bet it has some funny parts in it.

    Is it only one person's opinion that it should be changed? If so, maybe they could change their opinion.

    Have a wonderful day, Becky. Oh, it is Wednesday today, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe that's your title and is the reason nothing else seems to suit.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky - I find the older I get - the harder it is to remember everything - my brain is full!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, see? I read this a day late (on Wednesday) and was sitting here thinking, "I thought this was Wednesday."

    Oy. Working at home makes me lose track of the days... thank goodness, I'm a regular church-goer, or I'd never get straightened out. Um, that could be literally and figuratively, couldn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, good luck on finding someone to bring you magic. I'd be happy with a Hazel at the moment. I'd love to have somebody come and clean the house. :)

    Hang in there and stick with it! That book will be done before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need an assistant. And a genie. And some magic...

    Oddly enough, blogging keeps me on top of what day it is, since my schedule is MwF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Kathie, Kathy, Sue, Chatty,
    Cathy, Daisy and Lydia! You're all fabulous women and I sincerely feel privileged to hear from all of you! I just noticed something really funny....besides the fact that there are THREE versions of Kathy/Kathie/Cathy here....Right after Chatty, there's Cathy....CHATTY CATHY!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you find your magic person, have her clone herself and send one of her to me. I need help, too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm SO catching up. Hope to be more regular soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This made me laugh. I recently wrote a post saying I needed a wife! Great minds think alike...or maybe that would be better said that crazy busy minds think alike - ha!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.