Monday, May 2, 2011

* It's Only Monday and I Still Think It's Tuesday *

Thanks to Dianna at Write in the Midwest for this lovely blog award:
"Stylish Blogger Award"

I'm going to post Musical Things that some of you may already know about me, but some also may not.

1) I love to dance, anywhere, anytime; even if it's only to the music in my head!

2) I really think that I can sing! ☺

3) When I was "40-something", I took flute lessons. I quit after a few months because my teacher, who was probably 10 years younger than me, yelled at me when I played the wrong notes, and treated me like a child-student.

4) I desperately wanted to take piano lessons when I was young, but we didn't have a piano. I told my mom and the school principal that I'd just practice at school, on their piano. Nobody thought that was a good idea, except me.

5) I played First Clarinet in my grade school band. I really liked it and wished I would've continued on with that for years and years.

6) I tap-danced on The Admiral, a St.Louis excursion boat, in the 1950's. I was only 5 years old, but I still remember it so well. I wore a little satin outfit and my shiny, black tap shoes. It was really exciting!

7) When I was a sophmore in high school, I taught myself how to play chords on my cheapie acoustic guitar, and I sang "folk songs"! I got blisters and callouses on my fingers from playing so often.

Anyone who would like to receive the above award, please help yourself! I'm not sticking to any certain rules, and I don't expect anyone else to, either.

Thanks and welcome to my newest followers! JL, Kathy, Lavender Dreamer, and Once We Were Faeries-Judy! I hope you'll stop by often and always enjoy what you read and see!

"I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music." --  George Eliot

16 comments:

  1. oh Becky, that post title gets me every single time. :-)

    congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky...Oh, I so agree that music is one of life's greatest gifts. Congrats on your award! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky,

    Cool. I didn't know any of that stuff. Congrats on your newest award!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, I love music, too! Wish I were a wonderful singer, could play multiple instruments, and be on tour with a band right now!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award! I could see those about you. What I don't get is why no one thought you should play the school's piano! They should have encouraged you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you can relax now - It's Tuesday for sure.

    Nice to get to know some personal things about you girl.

    Congrats on your awards!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love to learn new things about a friend. I tried piano as a kid and was horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved learning more about your musical self!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I played the flute for five years, and took piano lessons for ten years.

    I DON'T dance...unless I've been plied with 'liquid courage' - then maybe, you'll get me on the dance floor.

    When I was in junior high, I was in chorus and sat with the boys, as I was a tenor...all my girlfriends were jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed learning about your musical adventures. Congratulations on the award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really CAN'T sing, though I wish I could. I love music, and though I'd never want a career in the industry or anything like that, it would be nice having the ability to carry a tune. I would have found ways to incorporate song into my teaching style. I mean, I still did this, I just wasn't the one singing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore music as well.
    Sooo much fun to read these facts about you, Becky, you rock! ;-)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathie - I get such a kick out of you! It makes me smile to know you like some of my titles so much!

    Hi Susan - Thanks so much!

    Hey Kathy - Thanks! Yeah, if I'd only stuck with some of the musical stuff....!

    Hi Pat - Yes, you'd be just like Barbara Mandrell! I was always amazed at her versitility!

    Hi Tammy - Thanks! Yes, I thought so, too, about the piano! The nuns there even gave lessons!!

    Hey Sandie - Thank you!

    Hi Linda! I don't think I would've been very good at the piano, thinking about it later in life! My two hands....doing two completely different things?? I don't think so!

    Hi Carol - Thanks! I'm glad to know you found it interesting!

    Hey JFC - Somehow, I can't picture you singing or playing the piano! Sorry! You'll have to show me sometime!

    Hi Julie - Thanks! I'm always happy to share info!

    Hey Paul J - Don't feel bad. I really can't sing, either! I just THINK I can! (Just ask my husband!)

    Hi Estrella - Thanks so much! You rock, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Listen here, people...I couldn't carry a tune in a basket but when I turned forty I decided I was going to SING!!! and I did. I learned to do it and I've been singing for audiences for a long time now...folk, bluegrass, country. Just because you THINK you can't do something don't let it get in the way. Get with the program and you'll live happily ever after! (What day is it NOW?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Becky, I don't think I knew these things about you! I knew you liked music, but didn't know all that about you learning instruments and stuff. How fun! Boy, whoever was your teacher when you were 40 needs some talking to. I received that award too and still haven't posted anything yet. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my gosh, Becky, we have #5 in common! Except I didn't tap dance; I think mine was a ballet number to "April Showers." I was probably about the same age -- 5 or 6. I had a pink and blue tutu. How funny that we share that memory!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.