Friday, July 1, 2011

* I WONDER *

Can it possibly be Friday again, already?

** Psst....notice my new graphic to the top right  →
The one that says: "The One-Minute Writer.You have 1,440 minutes a day. Use one of them to write."

Isn't that fabulous? And doesn't it go perfectly with today's post? Thanks to brand new blogger friend, Jo, of Memorable Meanders, because that's where I saw it!

 I Wonder: How many anthologies will I submit something to during the month of July? I plan to write and enter at least three. It's so unproductive and uncreative of me not to do so. (and rather stupid, I must say! Although I would never say "stupid" about anyone else, I can say it about me!) Why is that? Because anything I write for an anthology can most likely be included in my memoir. And, if I get paid for it along the way....well, duh!

I Wonder: How many of you will join me in writing and submitting something to an anthology or contest? Let's keep track of our progress. We can help, advise, and encourage each other. What d'ya say? Come on! Let's go for it!

*After I wrote this post yesterday (and then realized it didn't seem like Friday yet, because it wasn't!) I did begin writing a story for one of the anthologies mentioned above! Yay! I'm so proud of myself. ☺
I'm working on one for the Storm Country book. I hope to have it finished way before the July 15th deadline.*

Welcome to my newest follower: Debora.  I hope you'll stop by often and always enjoy what you read and see! Thank you! 




"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts."
~ Unknown

12 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, I followed you hear from Kay's post today. I am a writer (magazine articles at the moment and working on The Great African Novel) living in East Africa although our home is in South Africa. I'm following you from today! Greetings, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! Typo in the first line of my comment, *blush* Still, it's great to meet you! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to pop in and say hello, Becky! Thanks for the great quote; it was a boost for the writing life! Hope you have a fabulous 4th! Write on! I'm cheering for you and waving Old Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really stay motivated! Now and then I submit to anthologies but now that I have found my fiction to work on--I can't change course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I accept your challenge. I will work on a submission for Storm Country. I've got the framework, but it needs refurbishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Becky! I hope I can motivate myself to write and submit!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only can't I believe it's Friday, I can't believe it's July! Where's the year going ... Have a wonderful holiday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jo! Thanks so much for stopping by and becoming a follower. I'll "officially" thank and welcome you on my next blog! And no problem about the typo....I do that all the time, too!

    Hi Clara!Great to hear from you! It's been a while! Happy 4th to you, too.

    Hi Terri! Thanks! And I'm so glad you've gotten back into your writing groove!

    Hey Val! Thanks! Mine still needs lots of work, too! :)

    Hi K9Friend! Thanks! I know you can do it!

    Hi Joanne! I'm with you on both of those, too! Happy holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky,
    I so appreciated your post today. I need a kick in the pants to get started submitting my writing. It's the part about finding the markets that has me frozen. But with inspirational friends like you, I hope to get mobilized. And yes, I now have a 'button'. Thanks for pointing out the obvious! Happy 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hi, Debora! Great to hear from you! I'm glad to know you might be inspired by some of us writers. I have lots of writer/blog friends who post about writing markets often! Thanks...I'll be right over!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Becky.
    Aside from Storm Stories, what other places are you finding for July submissions? I did just make two deadlines Friday and Saturday, but missed a third. I didn't realize it was a mail post only, and I didn't make it to the post office in time! Talk about being disorganized! Good writing to you,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marcia! Off the top of my head, I don't remember....maybe some other Chicken Soup ones?

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.