Thursday, March 22, 2012

Parks College Journal Mystery Continues.....

Yesterday, after much talking (in person with people at Parks) and reading and searching (both at Parks and online last night)...The short version is this:  It doesn't appear as if the young man ever attended Parks, but I did find a book for sale, online, written by someone with the same name, and it was about......aero mechanics!

♪♫ Hit the Twilight Zone music, please! ♪♫

I'll post more information as soon as I get some. I am so captivated with this, I can't get it out of my mind. Maybe I should be a mystery writer. Not!
                                                       ~~~~~~       ~~~~~     ~~~~~~

Oh, and I even wrote over 400 words last night for a new Call for Submissions at Chicken Soup for the Soul. I have many other Writing Opportunities to promote, and I'll do that soon.


*And welcome to my newest follower, inluvwithwords, I hope you'll stop by often and always enjoy what you read and see. Thank you!*



"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." ~ Isaac Asimov

13 comments:

  1. Hi Becky! I love that remark - about just typing faster!! Hee Hee! Good luck with your Chicken Soup for the Soul submission. Sorry I'm late in replying to the question you asked in an e-mail, but my mum wasn't actually called Violet. Her favourite flower was the violet. But is is a very pretty name. My granddaughter is called Ruby Violet. Hugs to you my friend. Oh! I have a new e-mail address, which is dianegodwell@sky.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Soup...I'll be busy writing this weekend. Good luck to you with your submissions. AND love the Asimov quote. I've never seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I have more writing to do! Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why NOT a mystery writer?
    Good luck with Chicken Soup! I might try to submit something someday myself. I'd love to read your submission. Let us know if it gets published!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your writings for Chicken Soup. You write wonderfully. Your submissions will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you find out more because I am intrigued too! Why in the world can't you write mysteries?

    Best of luck with your submission and have a great weekend, Becky.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an interesting story and a terrific future piece of writing material!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your inspirational quotes all over your blog! And the comic relief ones too...type faster!

    Hope you write freely, happily and steadily, all while maintaining a masterful, caffeinated buzz.


    Ciao Bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky! I'm just catching up on your blog and this is so cool! I loved reading about this journal and seeing the pictures, how amazing. I'm interesting in learning more too, I hope you can dig deeper into the mystery. :)

    And good luck with the Chicken Soup submission, fingers crossed.

    Happy Belated One Year Anniversary to Vern!!! Give him a big hug from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's kind of eerie, that aero mechanics book. Good luck with your Soup story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you writing for the Writers' Soup story? I'm trying to think of one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there - thought you might be interested to know Sunday has been designated as a pet remembrance day! Pop over to my blog to find out more, and light a candle in your own home!
    Hope all is well with you.

    I agree with Asimov!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.