Sunday, July 22, 2012

* Nostalgic Sunday *

It's Time for Another Nostalgic Sunday!



Today's Nostalgic Sunday is about a writing contest presented by Matilda Butler & Kendra Bonnett at Women's Memoirs

In honor of the 70th Anniversary of the Rosie the Riveter poster, they are looking for true stories about women during WWII. You may not be able to interview any living female relatives, but hopefully you already know some details, or have other family members you can ask.


Rosie the Riveter
(courtesy: Women's Memoirs Blog)

There is no entry fee and if enough quality submissions are received an e-book will be published. Go to: http://womensmemoirs.com/memoir-writing-news/two-memoir-contests-close-new-contest-opens/ for all the details, including word count, and deadline. And please pass along this info to everyone you know who might be interested. 

(My mother's first husband was killed in WWII and I plan to submit a story about her life during that time.)



* P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment HERE for my Two-Book-Give-Away! I will choose the winner tonight at 9:00pm CDT, by random drawing. *


"If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman." -- Margaret Thatcher

3 comments:

  1. Well, I don't think I know much about WW11 survivors, though I may have a story to enter. Thanks always Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those will be cool stories. I don't have one though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Myrna and Clarissa, for stopping and commenting. Please spread the word to other writers you know.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.