Thursday, July 4, 2013

* America....The Way it Used To Be *

Have you ever listened to the Neil Sedaka song, "The Immigrant." It popped into my head the other day when I was thinking about the 4th of July. It's a hauntingly beautiful song that always makes me feel sad and nostalgic.....for those times long ago....way before I was even born.

This is the chorus:

"It was time when strangers were welcome here
Music would play they tell me the days were sweet and clear
It was a sweeter tune and there was so much room
That people could come from everywhere."

9 comments:

  1. Amen. Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know the song. The lyrics are nice. Happy 4th Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th of J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your holiday, Becky. Hanging around loosely today with covered dish supper to attend later. Love doing nothing. I am so good at it!!! Happy Fourth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lyrics are inspirational. There are some things where I definitely don't want to go back to the 'good old days' and others, like this, where I do. Thanks - and a happy 4th to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th to you and The Ronald and Vern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a great Independence Day!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you and Ron had a good Fourth, Becky! Love the lyrics to the song.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.