Saturday, February 7, 2015

HAVING A WRITERLY KIND OF WEEK

~ Thanks to everyone who stopped by my previous post, and especially to those who left comments, for Karen Lange about her book, Write for Life. ~

* *
 

Welcome to my newest follower, Jessica Haight at DMS
I hope you'll stop by often and always enjoy what you read and see!
Thank you!
* *

* Before I forget, I've been having problems with the fonts and text size on my blog lately. Does this happen to anyone else? I keep going back and forth, updating the entire post, or just certain parts, trying to change it to look the way I want. Grrr... *


I've actually been writing quite often lately and it's a great feeling. I've never been able to follow any kind of schedule or deadlines that I've attempted to impose upon myself, so when the muse hits, I take full advantage!

I don't know about other writers, but it sometimes takes me hours, or days to write the first sentence or first paragraph of what I'm working on! (Checking that thesaurus continually, searching for that one, perfect word!) And although I know all the "rules" about not self-editing as I write, I just can't help it. I believe that since my first writing assignment was for a newspaper column, which allowed for only so many words, and had to be perfect when I submitted it, that's why I'm the way I am. And yes, it certainly makes it a slow-go, but it works for me. Why race through it, just to get the words "on paper," when it all has to be corrected and rewritten anyway? I'm definitely not saying this is the best way to write, so please don't think I'm encouraging it. Different methods work for different people.

I'm working on two different submissions right now (which will fit perfectly into my sequel, too. Lucky me!) One is the Listen to Your Mother piece I mentioned a while back. The deadline is February 16, so I really need to kick it into high gear.

* *
 
It's feeling like spring here and what a wonderful feeling that is! I've seen and heard more birds chirping, especially cardinals, even when it's chilly. But today and tomorrow are supposed to be around 60 degrees, with no rain. Let's hope the weather prognosticators are correct! I also work again today which I'm really looking forward to. The great weather brings out more shoppers and that makes it more fun!
 
 
 
 

 

Happy Saturday! Wishing you a beautiful, blissful day!

And don’t get your panties in a bunch!

14 comments:

  1. I was just thinking to myself how I must make time to email you a little note, when your post came up. It sounds like you're enjoying life, writing, working. Somehow you always get joy out of what you do. That's a precious gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myrna, what a wonderful surprise! We have our ESP going again, because I just thought about e-mailing you last night! I usually do some "good thinking" when I'm out walking Vern, but remembering those things after I get back home.....Well, that's another thing! I WILL e-mail you soon, though. I've been thinking of you a lot and missing our correspondence!

      Delete
  2. We agree with Myrna. Hope your font problem sorts itself out. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Molly The Wally! Thanks so much. I hope it fixes itself, too. I'm tired of trying! LOL

      Delete
  3. Blogger is an infuriating rule unto its self. The font sizes will settle in the fullness of time. Or not.
    Glad to hear you are in writing mode. Get back to it please. I really, really want that sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC! But, wow....nothing like putting the old pressure on for me to write, write, write! LOL. It does feel good to be in the writing mode, though...that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. Glad you are inspired. I have written and submits lots in January. Feb is little slow but hope to crank up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bookie! I think I remember reading that you'd submitted a lot last month. That's really great. I'm sure you'll get good replies!!

      Delete
  5. BLOGGER's gotta do what BLOGGER's gotta do. There is no rhyme nor reason. Good to hear that you're in writing mode. I'm trying. Life gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Val ~ You are certainly correct about Blogger! I understand about life getting in the way of writing....and many other things. I'm sure you'll have lots to write about, and whether you post it on your blog, or submit it somewhere, or just keep it for your personal journal....I know it will be wonderful!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you've been a very busy woman! How odd, your font size (yes, extremely tiny, but the comments are big!). Go figure -- hope you can work it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie! Great to see you! I THINK I may have figured out my font problem. Not sure yet, though! :)

      Delete
  7. Sometimes my writing is slow in coming as well, whether it is the beginning, middle, or end. Nice to know I am not the only one. So glad you are feeling productive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karen! Thanks! And I'm glad to know YOU go through that sometimes, too!

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.