Wednesday, November 25, 2015

* MY COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING - DAY 8 *

* Countdown to Thanksgiving *
 
Wow, tomorrow is Thanksgiving! How did the fourth Thursday in November arrive so fast?!
 
 
I just love these adorable pilgrim salt & pepper shakers!
They're from the grocery store, Publix, which is in the South.
My sister, Marian, sent them to me as a little gift in 2010.
 
Both of these photos are a bit blurry.
I'll have to take new pictures,
just as soon as I dig through more boxes! J
 
I was a bit melancholy the first couple of years we didn't have all of our grown kids and grandkids over for our Thanksgiving get-together. We always had our dinner the Saturday before most actual holidays, because it just made it so much better for them. No pressure and/or guilt about trying to make it to X number of houses, and X number of dinners....but this year, I am feeling much happier about going to one of their homes tomorrow! All I'm bringing is a couple of bottles of wine!
 
 
 
One of my favorite Thanksgiving/Christmas movies:
Miracle on 34th Street...the original, in black and white.
 
 
Fred: That baseball player sure looks like a giant to me.
 
Susan: Sometimes people grow very large, but that's abnormal.
 
Fred: I'll bet your mother told you that, too.

 
 
~~~
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Hello Becky...I remember that set of pepper and salt! Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Becky. I hope it is wonderful - ful of love, laughter and good food (and wine).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend! Your day sounds lovely---going to one of your grown kids' homes. They now get the chance to develop their own traditions for the holidays. I did the same thing---went to my newly-married daughter's home. She was raised with the "no one should be alone on the holidays" mindset, so following in my shoes, she invited a number of people who don't have family in town. Including my husband and I and our son, and daughter and her new husband, there were 15 in attendance. It blesses my heart so much to see her opening her own home on the holidays, just as I'm sure it blesses your heart to see your kids' doing that.

    When I lived in the South, Publix was my absolute favorite grocery store!

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a little scroll through November and got caught up. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. I love the cute little S&P shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, time is flying faster than ever, isn't it? I drove past Thistle and Clover on Saturday--thought about you! Happy belated Thanksgiving and early Merry Christmas!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.