Wednesday, November 23, 2016

* COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING *

* Countdown to Thanksgiving *
This is a reprint from a previous Thanksgiving post.
 
 
One of my Four Freedoms plates, by Norman Rockwell
 
I never spent Thanksgiving at my grandparents' home when I was a little girl. I'm sure it was because they lived hundreds of miles away from us and time just didn't allow it. I sometimes wished we could be there with them, and would go around our house singing the song in the You Tube video.
 
And of course, my wishes also included
the snow and the horse-drawn sleigh! 
 
 
 
 
"I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it." ~Robert Brault
 
 
 
(Ahh, my friend Robert Brault has written more amazing words of wit and wisdom than anyone else I know! His books can be purchased on Amazon, and of course many other places.) https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=robert+brault 

6 comments:

  1. "I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it." ~Robert Brault

    Hahaha....tears in eyes...funny. I have never thought of that! ;-)

    Just noticed something in that famous Rockwell painting... that bird must weigh 20 pounds. Grandma is seriously strong!

    Enjoy your day. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the pumpkin quote made you laugh! I'd never thought of it that way, either! And yes....quite a huge turkey on that platter...and another thing I'd never thought of...How did Grandma hold it?! Thanks so much for the Thanksgiving wish. We had a great family get-together the Saturday after Turkey Day.

      Delete
  2. Thanksgiving has changed over the years for us anyway. Fewer people, less of big event. But a few are coming! Happy Thanksgiving, Becky!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Claudia, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! You are very much in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm thankful that I met you a few years ago.

      Delete
  3. Becky, thanks. That first sliver of pumpkin pie after dinner was just as painful as ever this year, but the slab for breakfast Friday was great! Hope you had a wonderful holiday. rb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robert! Thank you. I'm right there with you about the pumpkin pie the next day! :)

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.