Wednesday, December 20, 2017

* BAKING, SHOPPING? NO, TRYING TO GET WELL FIRST! *

I wish I could say that since my previous post on December 7th, I've gotten all ready for Christmas....

I was doing really well, too. Not rushing around like a nut, not getting all stressed. I'd started working on my Christmas cards back around Thanksgiving and I knew I'd have them mailed EARLY this year! I still had plenty of time to bake cookies to take to work, and give to friends, and have some for us at home, too.

Then on Sunday, the 11th, I noticed I was getting a sore throat. Uh Oh! That's almost always the beginning of a sinus infection, but at least I get meds and it goes away fairly fast. But NO, not this year! Every day I felt a bit worse...and to shorten this as much as possible...I finally saw my doctor this morning and I have pneumonia!

When I was in my 20's and 30's, I would get either bronchitis or pneumonia almost every single year! But then I hadn't had more than a cold or sinus infection since then...until now. I recognized the symptoms and was 99% sure I had it, but I also did want the doctor to see me and make the correct diagnosis.

So, I got another round of new meds and by this evening was so much better! It's a wonderful feeling to have a bit more energy and actually feel like being part of the family again! Ron has been great, though, taking care of everything.

Now, I just need to rest up and get ALL BETTER, so I can experience a bit of last minute of shopping and baking, etc!

- Until then, I leave you with photos from Christmases past - 


Becky's cookies 2011


Becky's cookies 2011


Becky's cookies 2011

Mmm..Mmm, Can you almost sniff the aroma of fresh baked cookies??
I can't wait to start making them!



found on Pinterest




WHOA - FIVE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! YIKES!



29 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you'll be well in time for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi River! Thanks so much! I don't know if I'll be "completely" well by Christmas, but I'll certainly feel pretty darn good! :)

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that you are very far from well.
    Rest up and recuperate. New Year's baking is just as good.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EC! Thank you! I never thought of my baking being a New Year's baking, but you are so right! :)

      Delete
  3. Feel better soon.......sounds like a 'low stress' Christmas is in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi OSC! Thank you and yes, very low stress going on and will continue! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you came down with pneumonia, and I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. I hope that you continue to feel better so that you can fully enjoy the holiday. And my favorite cookies, other than chocolate chip of course, are the ones in that picture with the chocolate kisses in them (what are they called?). I haven't had them in years, not since I was a kid, but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear NW! It's always such a treat to see a comment from someone I haven't heard from in AGES! Thank you so much! When that happens, it particularly makes me want to get back into blogging like I did between 2009 and 2013. Maybe 2018 will be the year for that....

      Delete
    2. P.S. I forgot to say that I also LOVE those peanut butter cookies with the Hershey Kiss on top! They are very dangerous to be around! I don't know what their exact name is either. I'll have to look it up!

      Delete
    3. Hey NW! I forgot to come back and tell you the name of those cookies is: Peanut Butter Blossoms! Fabulous name for a fabulous cookie! :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chatty, you are funny! So happy to see you here again, too!

      Delete
    2. PS Merry Christmas to you, too!

      Delete
  6. Hope you feel better soon, Becky! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Thanks so much! You're another face I haven't seen in a long time, and it's so nice to see you! :) Merry Christmas to you, too!

      Delete
  7. I don't know if my other comment came through or not. You are right I was just wishing you a Merry Christmas. You won't believe this - I had the same thing about three weeks ago - I had bronchitis so bad that I thought I'd cough out a lung! Merry Christmas. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chatty! Yes, your other comment came through. I'm checking them before publishing them, because of stupid spam comments coming in. I'm SO sorry you had bronchitis! I've had that AND pneumonia quite a few times in my life, and bronchitis was always worse for me. I'm glad you are all better now! Merry Christmas to you, too, sweet friend!

      Delete
  8. God bless, and scads of healing prayers sent your way! If not a 'merry' Christmas, let's shoot for a HAPPY New year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Myra! Another lovely face that I haven't seen in quite a long time. I swear...all of you have just made my day! Thank you so much for the prayers and yes, I'll take a Happy New Year any old time! :)

      Delete
  9. Oh Becky. So sorry you are sick. Hope you get better very, very soon, in time for Santa's visit. Merry Christmas, my friend. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Susan! Another friend I haven't seen in quite a while! I AM feeling better this evening and sure hope it continues. I'm taking it easy, though, because I don't want a "relapse!" Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  10. Though Christmas is fun, it is a stressful time of year. Please rest and get better. Have a peaceful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Myrna! I'm just so happy to see you and all the other lovely friends here! Thanks for stopping by, and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  11. Just passing through on my way to Australia, BECKY-O!, and thought I'd stick my face in to say: A HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURN!!

    ~ D-FensDogG
    See... 'It's A Wonderful Life' Come To Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen T! You crazy guy...you had me believing you were really going to Australia! Thanks for stopping by, and Happy New Year to you and your nappy haired little brother!

      Delete
  12. Hope you're feeling better! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lynn! And for the special "mail" you've sent to me. I truly feel blessed to have you as a friend!

      Delete
  13. I hope you are feeling better by now and that you managed to enjoy some of your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello OSC! Thank you! Would you believe I'm STILL a bit droopy and sluggish? I don't know if it's the aftermath of pneumonia or the chilling cold temps, or a combination. It's going to be a LOT warmer the next few days, so maybe that will help. I'm ready to feel "normal" again.....whatever that is :)

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.