Tuesday, June 8, 2010

** Tid Bit Tuesday **

Since I didn't get around to taking any pictures of my newest tea cup finds, I won't be participating in today's Tea Cup Tuesday. Instead, my title is: Tid Bit Tuesday....because that's exactly what this is.

Have you ever been listening to your car radio, and the time and the station numbers are the same? And for a minute, you click the button a couple of times, thinking something's wrong with it. Then you figure it out! That happened to me again the other day. It's so weird! It was exactly 10:33 and the radio station was 103.3.  Other times, it's been 10:25, and I'm listening to 102.5....Wacky!!

For those of you that live in my area, did you notice that a business is moving into the Circuit City store that was vacated last year....the one next to Best Buy and Mid Rivers Mall?? It's Jo-Ann's Fabrics! I hardly ever think to shop at Jo-Ann's, and I guess I'm not on their mailing list anymore. They usually do have some great bargains in their craft and decor items. That's what I go there for. Unfortunately, I cannot sew, or quilt, or crochet, or knit. (those things all require talent AND counting) I used to enjoy doing the old-fashioned cross stitch...the kind where the X's were stamped onto the fabric. I don't want to have to COUNT to figure out where my next stitches go.....thank you very much! Most of you know I have a problem with COUNTING. Math and I do not get along!

(borrowed from Ms. Sparkle-Farkle)

 
"The greatest unsolved theorem in mathematics is why some people are better at it than others." -- Adrian Mathesis

14 comments:

  1. Me and figures never did get along. I don't worry anymore, I just pull out my trusty little calculator and let it do the thinking, or whatever calculators do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't want to have to COUNT to figure out where my next stitches go." <-- Now that in itself sounds like the perfect quote to stitch into a sampler! LOL! P.S. Thanks for my name in lights (Tee-hee!), it makes me feel all famousy inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in as a person troubled by math. I am number handicapped married to an engineer who is all angles and numbers and measurements. One our first disaters was when he asked me to read a map and tell how much further to the next exit. I said about a 1/8th of an inch which made perfect sense to me instead of adding up those tiny figures that looked like fly specks reclining next to all those wavy lines with red or blue numbers!!!!

    By the way Becky, you might have me in toruble with Teacup Tuesday...I keep wanting to do "just one more page" before going to do any work!! I love tea pots and cups...hurry with your picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you aren't the only math loser. rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann! Yes, thank goodness for calculators! Without them, I'd really be lost in the Jungle of Numbers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sparkle!! You are so funny! That would be a perfect sampler, wouldn't it?? (somebody out there, get to work on that right away..!
    And thanks for letting me borrow your Math Thingy! I'm happy to make you feel all famousy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Bookie! That is funny about the maps!! Luckily, I AM a good map reader! Whenever we go on rode trips, I'm the navigator. I usually just "round up" to the next "simple" number and that works for me....such as 17 miles...means 20 miles, etc!! :)
    I'll be sure and post my tea cups next week! In fact, I'll get it ready as soon as I can, and just hold it in my "edit" sectoin of posts until then!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rose! Thanks....uh, I think! Did you say we "math challenged" people are Losers??!! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah...unfortunately, math is not my forte either. I'm ashamed to say that in a pinch I still count with my fingers. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA! Math and I don't get along too well either. One of my least favorite chores to do is pay the bills and balance the checkbook! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisa and Daisy! Thanks! I remember posting something not too long ago about me and my (lack of) math skills....and how there's a reading/writing brain and a math brain....one or the other, usually!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how I'd like that quote cross-stitched and framed to hang somewhere in my house! And I am still laughing at what Bookie said about taking her next exit in 1/8 of an inch! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.