I've had a very productive week, in spite of negative things being thrown my way, testing my fortitude. My optimistic, bliss-following self disappeard for awhile, but I'm baaaccckkkk, stronger than ever! Look out world, I'm ready to kick some butt! (and I mean that in the nicest, kindest way possible!)
* I sat in my local Bread Co. for a while one day and got a lot of editing done on my book.
* I totally de-cluttered and cleaned up our spare bedroom.
* I cleaned out closets and drawers of clothing that hasn't fit me in at least 2 years, and I know never will again! I have a bagful to donate to Goodwill and a bagful to donate to a friend.
* I started the de-clutter and clean up of our loft, which had turned into a large junk room.
* I baked a homemade apple pie today.
* I worked quite a lot on some Saturday Writer stuff. (one of the local writing groups I belong to. I'm the president for 2011, so there's been a lot to do before our first meeting this month)
* I've been reading a memoir by Cynthia Kaplan called Leave the Building Quickly. This book has really helped me zone in on my own writing style and voice. Parts of it are truly "laugh out loud" funny! Just tonight I used up the last of a Barnes & Noble gift card I got for Christmas, by purchasing her first book, Why I'm Like This, another memoir.
Oh, one more thing. I had a light-bulb moment the other day and decided that I will purchase one book a month, from my blog writer friends who have a book published! My first one, for January, is Katie Gates' The Somebody Who. Katie has posted chapters from it on her blog from time to time and I know it'll be a great book.
I have a note around here somewhere, with the names of two or three others whose books I want to buy, but I can't find it at the moment! Don't worry, I'm sure it will turn up before February rolls around.
Happy reading and writing everyone! What books are you reading now? What are you writing?
"I am not the only person who uses his computer mainly for the purpose of diddling with his computer."-- Dave Barry