Write in the Midwest for this lovely blog award:
"Stylish Blogger Award"
I'm going to post Musical Things that some of you may already know about me, but some also may not.
1) I love to dance, anywhere, anytime; even if it's only to the music in my head!
2) I really think that I can sing! ☺
3) When I was "40-something", I took flute lessons. I quit after a few months because my teacher, who was probably 10 years younger than me, yelled at me when I played the wrong notes, and treated me like a child-student.
4) I desperately wanted to take piano lessons when I was young, but we didn't have a piano. I told my mom and the school principal that I'd just practice at school, on their piano. Nobody thought that was a good idea, except me.
5) I played First Clarinet in my grade school band. I really liked it and wished I would've continued on with that for years and years.
6) I tap-danced on The Admiral, a St.Louis excursion boat, in the 1950's. I was only 5 years old, but I still remember it so well. I wore a little satin outfit and my shiny, black tap shoes. It was really exciting!
7) When I was a sophmore in high school, I taught myself how to play chords on my cheapie acoustic guitar, and I sang "folk songs"! I got blisters and callouses on my fingers from playing so often.
Anyone who would like to receive the above award, please help yourself! I'm not sticking to any certain rules, and I don't expect anyone else to, either.
Thanks and welcome to my newest followers! JL, Kathy, Lavender Dreamer, and Once We Were Faeries-Judy! I hope you'll stop by often and always enjoy what you read and see!
"I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music." -- George Eliot