Ron and I had to say goodbye to our beloved Charlie Thursday evening. We knew it was coming sometime soon, but he went downhill quickly...He hadn't eaten in almost 2 days, but drank water pretty much like normal, went outside always for potty, and was getting up and down the steps okay. But Thursday he began to really look confused and wasn't walking good and the last time he drank any water, he immediately threw it up...just the water.
(He had blood tests about 3 weeks ago and had very serious problems that no one was aware of. He had liver problems, thyroid problems, diabetes and a heart murmur! And he never seemed sick or uncomfortable before then.)
We had an appointment for this morning, so we could see our usual vet, but we didn't want Charlie to have to wait that long, so the clinic fit us in and they were all so kind, just like always.
I told Ron I can't go through this again and don't want another fur baby, and I truly believe it this time.