Sunday, September 19, 2010

** Sunday Synopsis **

* The twelve (12) contest entries have been printed. I cut out names and/or e-mail addresses, so when I sit down to read them, I truly won't remember who wrote what. Then I'll turn them over to The Ronald to read. After he gives his opinions, I'll read them again, and then.....voile'....the winner will be announced! That will happen most likely later tonight.

* A few days ago, I mentioned a Call for Submissions I received in an e-mail. But the information didn't make sense with what I saw, and didn't see, on the web site. (I couldn't find anything about Flashlight Memories!) I haven't heard back from them, but decided to go ahead and post the link: http://silverboomerbooks.com/submissions.html.

This is what the e-mail said: Flashlight Memories Silver Boomer Books is seeking poetry - 23 lines or less (this includes the spaces between lines and/or stanzas) - for the upcoming anthology themed Flashlight Memories. Flashlight Memories recounts memories experiences with reading, which produced lifelong readers.

Please submit your work according to the guidelines found at http://silverboomerbooks.com/submissions.html
Poetry deadline: October 5, 2010  

(Good luck and let me know if any of you figure this one out!)

* Speaking of anthologies......I have an announcement that is huge to me! I have just been notified that a story I began working on in April of 2009, has been accepted by Kiwi Publishing for an upcoming Thin Threads Anthology. Woo-Hoo!! Doin' the Happy Dance! I cannot tell you how much this means to me. The story I wrote and submitted was the first one I've ever written that wasn't about my own life. It was an "As Told By" story of a Hurricane Katrina survivor, her struggles and her eventual joyful life. She came from Mississippi to this area and I was fortunate enough to interview her and become her friend. To find out the rest of the story......well, you know what you have to do....buy the book when it comes out in November! I'll even autograph my chapter!  (Thin Threads accepts inspirational, true stories. Click on either link above and check them out.)

* One more thing. Just yesterday morning. (♫♪ okay, who just heard James Taylor's voice in your head ♫♪)
 The quote at the end of my post was, "So many books, so little time." (one of my absolute favorites!) THEN, last night I was at the mall, just kind of wandering and looking. And I found, tried on and bought THIS:
Isn't it adorable?? This white sweatshirt is so soft and comfy.

 
I couldn't get a good close up. The books say: Who's Who, Give a Hoot, Book of Wisdom, and under the steaming cup of coffee or tea, one of the books says Night Owl.
Is that too cute, or what??
I only wish it would've come in other colors. I'm afraid I'll have trouble keeping it clean! ☺


"The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things." -- Henry Ward Beecher

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your story into the anthology!!

    I love that sweatshirt, but I don't think the white would do very well for me either. At least the dog hair would show up less than on a darker color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo Becky! We are in the same book, maybe. Congratulations. Love that cute sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, that is wonderful news about your story being in the Anthology! Congratulations! Very cute sweatshirt! It's getting to be that time of year to wear something to keep you warmer too. Hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved that quote on your new sweatshirt...describes me exactly. I've got this L-O-N-G list of books I want to but have not yet read! CONGRATS on your story that is going to be published. I once had a short piece published in a magazine and I was thrilled. My son has also had a couple articles printed in a magazine. He's always loved to write...and I'm proud of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the anthology, Becky! And good job finding that neat sweatshirt, too!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, you are full of good news tonight! Love the shirt...congrats on your own acceptance...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on getting in the anthology...can I say I knew you when?

    Great sweatshirt!

    Looking forward to see who wins your giveaway...will we get to read all the stories?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, m'dear! You're really on a roll!

    Love the sweatshirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky!

    Wow, it seems that every time you turn around the blessings are pouring down upon you and your writing career.

    I am so happy to hear about your newest publishing success. Yay!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful news, Becky! Congratulations! That's a marvelous way to end the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats Becky!! you are getting published by the second here!! - I'm so happy for you - will check the link to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becky I am so happy for you and your success! Whoo Hoo is right! I love that sweatshirt but it would be stained in a heartbeat. Just messy I guess! I need to go back and get the name of the book you mentioned and see if I can find it. Not sure which one it was...the mind when it goes is not a pretty thing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I know you really wanted that story published, so good for you. And cute sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.