Tuesday, May 23, 2017

* DO YOU EVER? *

Do you ever get excited about house cleaning?? I must admit that I'm not much of a housekeeper. There is usually clutter and dust bunnies just about everywhere. I can't seem to keep up with it all.

I used to try a lot harder, but gave up years ago when I realized that my husband was never going to change, so why bother knocking myself out, when it'd look the same all over again in a few days, hours, minutes!

BUT, when I AM in the mood...look out! I was so excited when I went to sleep Saturday night because I'd finally bought new "cleaning stuff," and knew I'd be using them when I woke up Sunday. Weird? Not for me.

I'd been using watered-down Windex and watered-down all purpose spray cleaner for so long, they certainly weren't doing the job. And I'd completely ran out of one of my favorites: Soft Scrub with bleach. So, can't you understand my excitement when I knew I could actually do a great job of cleaning the kitchen?! And because of that, I was happy!

The radio was tuned to a favorite station and I think I actually whistled while I worked. It was one of those glorious, perfect days...sunshine & ideal temperatures...and did I wish I was outside? Nope! I gazed out my patio door from time to time and reveled in the beauty of it all, especially the birds at our bird-feeder, floating and swooping, waiting for their turn...all those except for those ill-behaved Blue jays!

This was not taken that day,
but at least you can see part of my kitchen!
Have I mentioned I LOVE this apartment?
 
In no time, the stove-top shined, the counter-tops were spot free, & the sink glistened!

Yesterday and today were semi-rainy and cloudy and I didn't feel like doing a thing.
Hey Mother Nature...please send more almost-perfect days. I want to keep cleaning!






18 comments:

  1. You put me to shame.
    I do clean. When I have to. (Ok, the week after I have to).
    I love it when it is done, and loathe the process.
    I would make a very, very bad traditional wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,EC - wonderful to see you here again! I've been looking forward to getting back into the swing of things...Hope I can keep up the blogging :)
      And didn't you read the parts about how I'm NOT much of a housekeeper?? I only do it when I'm in the mood, and I do get tired easily!

      Delete
  2. I had the urge to clean my car interior yesterday. I can look at the mess for so long, and when it starts to bug me, I deep clean house or car. My house is straightened, but not always dust free. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that way with my car, too, Linda! Especially in warm weather, I want it clean and free of clutter, so I can drive with the top down and not have all kinds of garbage fly out behind me on the highway! :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry...that answer would be NO! I never get excited about house cleaning. I was more likely to get excited about it back in my single days, when I was first out on my own. There's something about cleaning up after other people that makes me feel resentful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand about resenting the people....I did that for years, and then when I realized THEY weren't going to change...I changed my attitude about it...If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em. So now I clutter quite a bit, too! :)

      Delete
  4. I understand this perfectly! Recently I bought a new vacuum cleaner and since then I've vacuumed three times already. The cleaner isn't even a month old yet. Then when I get in the mood to clean the kitchen I happily move every single thing off the counters to get under and behind, into the corners and that follows through to a bathroom clean. So I get a whole apartment clean and go to bed a happy girl because I know it will still be neat and shiny the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, River...I love you! You and I are so alike in many ways! I'll have to go back through your comments, to read them again, but I know we are kindred spirits! :)

      Delete
  5. Ugh, ugh, ugh! I hate cleaning. However, I do have one teeny-tiny tip to share. There's a recipe online for window/glass cleaner that includes white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, water, a bit of baking soda, and a drop of dishwashing soap. It's better than any cleaner I've ever used for streak-free glass, AND it's cheap!

    Pat
    www.patwahler.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Pat! (I hate cleaning too, when I'm not in the mood!)

      Delete
  6. I have had days when I was excited about cleaning...just a tip....if you sit down and concentrate on a book or some knitting or even a tv show.....it goes away. Honest. It does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only Slightly Confused....you are too funny!! That happens to me a lot, too! I guess that's why I'm so happy when I DO feel like cleaning!

      Delete
  7. Right now house cleaning takes a back seat here. When I do it, it takes all I have. But I used to love housecleaning-sometimes. I loved being alone in the house, setting my own pace, seeing things shape up. Oh, and the joy when all was done and all in its place! Good for you to have such a good experience!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, house cleaning is one of those "rewarding" jobs...that lasts for a few minutes until the other family members arrive home!

      Delete
  8. I love spring cleaning so much, I treated myself and paid for people to do it this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cleaning is def not my favorite thing. I usually get inspired if I'm having company. I do like to see the house tidy and clean but this usually happens in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I dreamed about a nice clean house! I've been having weird dreams where Ron will wake me up because I'm actually screaming! The other night, he said it was a true blood-curdling one...and good thing our windows weren't open or someone may have called the police! :D

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.