Sunday, June 6, 2010

* Saturday Centus Week 5 *

Welcome to the fifth week of Saturday Centus. (This is my 2nd time to participate.)

This is a themed writing meme. Come on and join the fun!!

Each Saturday Jenny Matlock will be giving a new "prompt" for the week and you have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like.

Each linked essay must be 100 words or less, not including the "prompt" words. No pictures should be used. No profanity. The prompt words can be used in any place within your story but must be left intact.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

Jenny would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky.

Jenny also says it would be great if you would try and visit the rest of the links. Actually, it will be fun for you because they were wonderful last week for sure!

This link will be live until next Saturday morning around 7 am. And please, remember to link to your SC URL...not your main blog.

Here's mine for this week's prompt.....(coming in at exactly 100 words) Prompt is in italics.

I settled into the comfortable movie theater seat with awkward 3D glasses perched on my nose, a small tub of popcorn on my lap, and a bottle of water lodged into the seat holder. Then anxiety kicked in. Why did I come here? Being alone in a theater always makes you look…lonely. Oh well. I can't help that.


A few people strolled in and sat down. Another thing I didn't like….a bunch of empty seats, especially during a comedy. My laughter would echo as if in a cave!

I snorted, cackled, and hooted, all through the movie, and seemed to be the only one doing so.

As the lights came up, I realized why no one else appreciated the hilarious movie. Those few people were members of the PWNSOH Club. Ah, that explained it!

36 comments:

  1. people with no sense of humor? lol

    That's next to PWHNF right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this. Many times I'm the only one laughing...in all sorts of places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jackie, I couldn't figure PWNSOH out.

    I loved this and it brought back some very good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this alot. I tend to laugh loudly and frequently too, and alot of times I'm the only one. I must be surrounded by people from the same club :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh funny! I didn't know the club either till I read the comments! I get it and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laughter is the best medicine...if it feels right, do it! 'Funny' post...Peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! Very clever, Becky! Nice job. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahahahaha..remind me of the times I do not know when to laugh when I watch English movies. LOL
    well done, Becky.
    Mine is here
    Have you a great Sunday!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jackie! Congratulations! You're the first person to leave a comment and you got it right!! How'd you do that?! :)
    And, yours must be: People who have no fun?
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Easternsparkle! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi PJ! Me, too! What's with some people?? They must belong to those clubs!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cheryl..thanks! I wondered if it would take long for people to figure that out! And, wow! Jackie did it right off the bat!! I'm glad it brought back good memories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, this was really a great take on this. Sometimes it's terrible to be the only one laughing at something but I think you figured it out. Very clever using the acronym to make the word cut ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kathy! That's great!! As Jeff...down a little farther on the comments said...Laughter is the best medicine!! And I totally agree!! Let's all laugh our way to the Funny Farm!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Terra! Thanks! Glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jeff! Thanks! I'm glad you liked it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Daisy! Thanks! Why don't you join this,too! It's FUN and HUMOROUS at times!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Shakira! Thank you so much! And thanks for becoming a new follower! I now have 60 because of you, and I'm so happy about that! And you just go ahead and laugh whenever you think something is funny! We really all do have different ideas about what is funny, don't we? I will get over to reading everyone's post as soon as I can, yours included, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Viki!! I hoped the abbreviation wouldn't be breaking the rules!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't get it until I read these comments:)) Yeah, that happens to me too:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Terri! Thanks! That was part of "my humor"....seeing how many people would figure it out..and how soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't ya hate it when that happens? I hate being the only one laughing at stuff in a movie - sometimes, I try to disguise my laughter with a cough.

    I think I was married to one of the charter members of that club, poor man...he had no peace with me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job, Becky! Those PWNSOH peope bug the crap out of me! Laugh loud and laugh well I say! Loved this!

    Stop by, I have something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks, June! Don't ever disguise or hide your laugh, my dear!! Do it even louder and make THEM feel weird!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Tom! Thanks so much! Glad you liked it. And, hey...I just left a comment on your blog...hey..I forgot to leave one for you story...I was so excited about my "gift"!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh i just love stuff like this, wish i had the time to participate...

    i have books that feature writing prompts..and sometimes i do one just to get the wheels in gear!

    writing is a passion, that's for sure!

    ciao bella
    thanks for stopping in to see me!

    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  27. Funny little story. I've gone to the movies alone more than once. The only thing that bugs me is when there's practically a whole empty theatre, people who come in choose to sit in front of me!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad someone explained the letters right off. I am S-L-O-W. Also I don't get some of the humor in movies now...then again, I sometimes laugh outloud and am the only one laughing in the theater!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cute, very clever. Thank you, Jackie, for putting me out of my misery on the acronym. I was clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It is interesting and I wish I had more time to do those kinds of things. BTW, I didn't know what PWHNSOH meant either :-). And Becky, I love the picture on your blog about "Take my advice, I don't use it anyway." Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice story. And nice playlist.

    Chad and Jeremy!

    Fun.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Lynn! Thanks! I know...it's hard sometimes to even get around to reading everyone's blogs...and then I keep meeting new people, who I also want to keep up with them as well!
    And thanks about the "advice" pic. I love it, too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Sue! Thanks! And glad you like my play list!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Becky, what a great link. I can totally relate to that club. Almost everyone in my family is a charter member...and I'm always the only one cracking up when it is my Mom and sisters together.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.