Tuesday, September 21, 2010

** Tuesday's Tidbits **

*Contest Entrants: I'd like to acknowledge everyone who entered my contest and include links to their blogs; partly to showcase their beautiful blogs and various talents, but also because at least one of them that I know of, is hosting her own contest right now!

Barb Hodges, Donna Volkenannt, Nancy Olson, Kathy Matthews, Myrna R., Jennee Thompson, Janel G., OJ, Sioux, Bookie-Claudia, Susan W., and last but not least.... June Freaking Cleaver!

Honorable Mention goes to: Tammy Goodsell. Tammy wrote a hilarious story, but alas...the word count was over the 100 word limit.

*Newest Followers: I'd also like to acknowledge my 15 newest followers! I was so thrilled when I reached the magic number of 100, which seems like just a week or so ago. In the past couple of days, that number has somehow risen to 115. I appreciate every one of you...from the very first one, to the 20th, 40th, and so on. It's wonderful following "old" friends, AND meeting new blogger friends.

*Blog Highlight:  Now, I'd like to introduce you to one of my three lovely daughters-in-law, Sara. My (bonus) son, Matt, and Sara have 8 beautiful children, ranging in age from 13 years old to 1 year old. She is an amazing mom!! I am delighted to be part of their wonderful family! Please check out Sara's blog. I love the title of it: 8aplenty. I think you'll enjoy reading about a "typical" day in their household and seeing photos of all the kids! (Sara is my only daughter-in-law who has a blog, so don't think I'm playing favorites!)☺

"The best part of life is when your family becomes your friends, and your friends become your family."- Danica Whitfield

13 comments:

  1. thanks for the link back!! it was fun to participate and gave me the push that I needed to open up (yeah, like I was shy before...) but you know what I mean (I hope).
    c'mon, admit it: you have a favorite daughter in law... if for anything, just BECAUSE she is a blogger like you!! (lol) Have a nice Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kind of you to acknowledge your fellow bloggers, Becky. And I love the Whitfield quote - wise, witty and true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name SARA cause that is my Baby Girl's name!! I will check out her blog. I have two girls and one son in law that I love and one soon to be Grandbaby! Life is sooooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo. . .a new look blog. I like it.

    I love the quote about friends becoming family - it's something I've come to realise over the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have so many new blogs to check out now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent you another email yesterday that came back today. Not sure why! I have recent it so be looking for it this evening.

    Thanks again for your contest and for all your readers encouraging comments!! Like I wrote on my blog, this writing can be frustrating or fun...this week was the fun part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is so nice that you welcome new followers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was sweet of you to mention me even though I didn't follow the rules!!! ;) That was so much fun, though. I want to read all of the entries! Love your quote today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to all the winners! What a great idea, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to all the winners! And I'm going to check out some of those links! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much for all the nice things that you said about me Becky! We love that you are part of our family also :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a good blog buddy to give all those links.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, thanks everyone!! Hugs to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.