Monday, September 20, 2010

** Thanks Again **

Thanks again to everyone who participated in my 100 Word Contest. As I said in my comment in the previous post, it really was hard to make the decision and choose just one winner! All of you are winners in my mind! And thank you for the compliments and congratulations given to Bookie/Claudia!

Bookie/Claudia has chosen The Condition, by Jennifer Haigh, as her extra bonus gift! (And as I spelled out in the fine print....she has to wait until AFTER I read it, before I will mail it to her!) 
As you can see, I played around with my blog background last night. I think I've got it to where I'm happy with it, except for one thing. I was able to change font sizes and colors everywhere except in the area at the top where I posted a few quotes. If anyone can tell me how to make those letters larger, please let me know.

Tomorrow's post will highlight a certain blogger I know, AND say a little something to my newest followers!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." -- Herm Albright

14 comments:

  1. Becky---I noticed the change right away. Perhaps that is because autumn colors are my favorite (along with black, which has become my friend as my butt gets wider!).

    The leaves in the border look so real and so crisp, I feel like I could reach out and grab one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there, to fix the font size, from your dashboard go to design, then Template Designer NEW, then Advance, then find the section where your quotes are (could be in BLOG Title, depending on the layout you are using) and there you change the font size. I hope it helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You background looks great, probably the best I've seen so far :)
    Oh, I wish I could change my background too...

    And I personally like the smaller font size for the quotes too, but it's your playground ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky!

    1. Love the new look.
    2. Wish I could help, but I'm a techno-dweeb and have no idea how to change that font (I updated my blog, too, and it is still not where I want it to be, mostly because I don't really know what I'm doing!).
    3. Congrats to Bookie/Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the fall background! Congratualtions to Claudia. Her story was great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new Fall background:) Hope it brings some fall weather with it!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background looks perfect! Some of our trees are already starting to drop their leaves before they've turned a beautiful color. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the new background! A change is always nice...now if it would just get cooler here in the South I would be very happy!! My Mums are already sad in the heat and I've got to move them to more shade. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your leaf background, Becky! Nice job! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your background looks great. You have inspired me to change mine...sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, everyone! And thanks OJ. That's the way I changed the font size of my blog title, but I haven't quite found the place to change the quote section....unless I change every post font. I think that may be the place. Oh well. No time to fret. And if Estrella likes the quotes in small print, then that works for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww! That made me all mushy, you're sooo sweet!

    It really does look great, but at any time if you find where to change it and still want to, no need to go by my taste :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the new look here, Becky. It looks nice. The font size drives me crazy on Blogger sometimes. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.