Friday, November 26, 2010

* Can You Say STUFFED? *

Just a short post again today.....

The Ronald and I had a wonderful time yesterday. Since we had our family Thanksgiving last Saturday, we went to our dear friends' (S&B) home for dinner yesterday. We arrived at 1:00pm and a scrumptious meal was served. (I LOVE being the guest and not the hostess!) We sat and talked, watched football on tv, ate some more, sat some more, talked more, etc...you get the idea! A wonderful day!

You can listen to the beautiful Vienna Boys Choir on my blog today. I felt Christmasy and thought their angelic voices would be the perfect music for the day after Thanksgiving.

Now, I'm off to perform many tasks and already know I will enjoy every one of them....because I feel so thankful and blessed! (And yes...a very important, at the top of the list, task is: WRITING!)


(photo from December 2009, but it's cold enough for a fire today!)

"Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles." -- Author Unknown

8 comments:

  1. It IS indeed nice being the guest, but unless you have nice friends and family who are hosting, you don't get any of the leftovers.

    Today I have no leftover dressing, no cold slices of turkey to munch on, no bowls of mashed potatoes to make soup out of...Hey, wait. Maybe that's a good thing!

    I'm glad you and The Ronald had a great day. And I'm intriuged by your idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice Becky. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, Becky. Love the quote. Yes, that WOULD be the best Christmas decoration...wreathed in smiles! Have a great, busy but productive day! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so wonderful. I had a great meal here at home. Today I'm putting away the fall decos and now looking to bring out the Christmas stuff. I'm getting in the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been eating out for two days...delicious! I don't look forward to facing the bathroom scale on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, because I haven't been on blog for a few days checking, belated wishes for TG and sounds like it was indeed wonderful.

    And congratulations on the book. I need to read down more and find out what this is about -- but Habitat is a special cause/project. One I contemplate most often as I sit in my warm house and realize many don't have this.

    More later -- I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your day sounds wondeful:) We spent the afternoon at our neighbor's home meeting her parents and it was very refreshing and nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.