Sunday, July 17, 2016

* IF IT'S SUNDAY, I MUST BE GOING TO WORK TOMORROW *

Last week I almost worked my "normal" schedule at my job: 18 - 20 hours. 
The week before that I worked 40 HOURS. I was exhausted! My paycheck was nice, but I just can't do that very often. I still LOVE my job and all the people, though, which is wonderful.

~~~

So, I've been pretty lazy this weekend, as most weekends go. It's been so hot this summer. Yes, we DO have hot and humid summers here, but I don't remember so many days 90⁰ and higher. I make myself perform the necessary chores: laundry, and cooking and cleaning up the dishes. :)

~~~

This afternoon I worked on putting together a shadowbox frame with photos and mementos of Vern. I finally was able to begin it without being in tears. I need to get some spray-on adhesive and when I'm finished, I'll post a picture of it on here. We need to get lots of other regular frames, because we have so many photos we'd like to hang on the walls.




Here's one I've never posted before. It's from June 2011.
 
Vern was rolling around on the carpet and
I was shocked I actually got him in motion!
 
How I miss him....
 

P.S. Please take the time to stop by Robert Brault's blog. The man is a genius!! https://rbrault.blogspot.com/  

9 comments:

  1. Our beloved furry friends wind their way deep into our heart strings don't they?]
    Brilliant photo.
    And sometimes lazy is best.
    You are more than welcome to your heat. It is cool here (some would say cold) and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing vern rolling around :)
    I'm not a fan of hot and humid either. I can handle up to 80 quite well and can cope with up to 90 if I HAVE to as long as there's no humidity. Thank heavens for airconditioners and refrigeration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no dear Becky. Has Vern gone across the Rainbow Bridge? I'm so sorry to hear that. Our four-legged best friends do leave a great gap when they go. Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vern left a legacy, and a memory wall will be a tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family was in St. Louis on the 4th of July, 2003. It was about 95 degrees, and the humidity was about a million percent. We were in agony. To this day, that is our overwhelming memory of Missouri.

    I love the photo of Vern. He was such a sweetie.

    Happy Monday!

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vern was such a sweetie. Hope you take it easy in this heat, Becky. Today is going to be a hot one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww... sweet Vern. I hope your projects... and remembering, him help to give you some comfort.... so hard to lose our precious little furry friends.... sigh.... Love, love, love.... never dies! You gave him a wonderful life! And he gave so much back to you!
    Try to keep cool... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one busy lady for sure.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much to each of you! I love you all.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.