Sunday, July 3, 2016

* NOSTALGIC SUNDAY *

It's Time for Another Nostalgic Sunday
 


It's almost the 4th of July - America's Independence Day. It's been rainy and cool for the past couple of days, but we didn't have any plans...outside or in...so not a disappointment for us. In fact, we're being really lazy....

We just spent three days at our best friends' home at Lake of the Ozarks. We hadn't seen them in way too long and the weather was perfect. They also have two adorable doggies: a dachshund and a beagle, and we loved on them as much as we could! Made us feel like we should get another dog fairly soon for ourselves, but after we got back home, our common sense also returned! A few weeks ago, we'd said, "No more dogs." And even if we do change our minds, it's way too soon.... We still miss Vern so much.

I recently purchased a shadowbox frame to put memories of Vern in. When I have it finished, I'll share it here on my blog.

~~~
 

“It shocks me how I wish for...what is lost and cannot come back.” -- Sue Monk Kidd, Traveling With Pomegranates: A Mother-Daughter Story

9 comments:

  1. Aww never say never. Happy 4th of July to you all. Sorry we have been away so long but we have missed you all. Have a lovely day and great seeing everybody again. Hope to be back soon.
    Best wishes Molly The Wally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, dear Molly the Wally! It's wonderful to see you here again! I have missed all my friends, too, because I just don't blog much anymore. Maybe now is the time to begin again! Thank you for your sweet comments.

      Delete
  2. Opie, Andy, and Aunt Bee (Ain't Bee, it has always sounded like to me!)

    Simpler times.

    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a beagle owner, I can certainly understand why your friends' dogs captured your heart. After our Nikki died in 2013, we were back to 1 dog. I kept telling my husband I would "never do the 2-dog thing again." He never stopped longing for another, and, of course, earlier this year "never" came. As soon as I said, "Yeah, I'm willing to have 2 dogs again," he went in search of a beagle puppy. (He was afraid I would change my mind, so he didn't waste a moment getting on it.) And that little puppy is my baby now. I even refer to myself as "Momma" to her!

    Another dog would never replace Vern. It would just be another precious pooch to love on...when you're ready.

    Love and hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4ht to you.
    And yes, never say never. She has a way of laughing at those of us who take her name in vain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandie, Patty, and EC. For some reason, I can't get the individual "Reply" to work right now, so I'll respond here. I totally agree about Ain't Bee! That's surely how it sounded when Andy said it, and maybe others, too! And thanks for the Happy 4th! Ditto!
    Patti, thank you as always for your kind comments. Love and hugs right back to ya!
    EC - Thanks for the 4th of July wishes, and yes, I should NEVER use the word NEVER LOL. Hope you are doing fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, I was wondering...would you be interested in making "Nostalgic Sunday" a link party. I would co-host it with you, and we could maybe have weekly themes to prompt memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No more dogs ended six months after my Indy boy passed. If you fold, too, here's a few words of advice. Puppies were created specifically for young people with lots of energy. That is all.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.