Thursday, January 7, 2010

** Are We In The Frozen Tundra? **

When it's this cold around here, I think of all the different phrases I've heard that refer to really cold temps!
One is the nickname of Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers: The Frozen Tundra.

Today and this evening, it's been extremely windy, which obviously makes it feel even colder. The wind practically slapped the breath out of me when I slid open the patio door slightly to let Tiger out. Also, the wind keeps whistling through that one window that won't entirely close. Hearing that mournful noise has the opposite effect on me than one might think. I immediately smile to myself and think of my brother, Mike. I can see and hear that line from an old WC Fields movie/short: "It ain't a fit night out for man nor beast". Mike loves WC Fields movies and used to imitate him quite well when we were teenagers. After thinking about that tonight, I looked it up and found the name of the movie/short that line came from. It's called "The Fatal Glass of Beer".

Mike and his wife, Alice, live in an even colder part of the country.....Northern Iowa!
If you're reading this, Mike, I'm thinking of you and smiling!

"Weather forecast for tonight: dark." -- George Carlin

4 comments:

  1. Last night we were out for a while and my car didn't want to start. Now I'm nervously considering what today might bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful out there today, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atlanta got its first snow of the year last night. It's already melted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Walt! Yeah, that's what I heard from my relatives there! Snow Day!!
    Thanks for leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.