Friday, January 15, 2010

** Cleaning To The Music **

I just love my Play List! I've been listening to it all day and this evening, while I've been working in my office. I have it set on the random shuffle mode and it's so much fun, I just had to take a break, dance a little, and write about it!

The last 3 songs that played were these:

"The Lord's Prayer"; by the awesome Italian tenors, Il Divo.
"An Everlasting Love"; by the fabulous Natalie Cole (from the Soundtrack of "While You Were Sleeping")
"Hey Ya"; by the group, Outkast. This song reminds me of something from the '60s or '70s. When my son informed me it was brand new a couple of years ago, I was really surprised.  Peanuts Dance to Hey Ya 
My writer-friend, Lynn O. sent me this video a few months ago, because she heard "Hey Ya" on my blog and also loves it. It cracks me up every time I see it, and now I can't hardly listen to the song, without seeing the Peanuts gang all dancing to it!

In the few minutes it took for those three songs to play, my mood went from calm & serene, to delighted & joyful, to boisterous & dancing. I just can't stop myself from singing when I know the words; humming when I don't; and dancing no matter what!

“We are fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.” - Japanese Proverb

6 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, isn't it surprising how much listening to music can change and improve our mood? I know it has that effect on me too. I like to work with my music playing too. I think I get more done that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daisy! Oh yeah, I couldn't agree more! I hope you have a great weekend....and keep on dancin'...even if it's only to the music in your head! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection of songs...it's enough to make anyone get up and dance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Beneficent Mr. Hall and I work in the same office...he LOVES to work with Led Zeppelin rattlin' the windows whereas I must have silence in order to create my scathingly brilliant bon mots.

    Such is the writer's life...(Thank goodness I like old Led)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Pat! As you can see, and HEAR, I like just about every kind of music! These Play Lists only hold 200 songs, and I have 2 with that many, or in the 190's! Then I've started a couple more, with just a few songs so far! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cathy! I LOVE Led Zeppelin, too! Dang, why didn't I think to put some of their songs on here?! Guess I'll be adding some of those, too! I may have to delete a song or two, to have room! But, that's okay! I'm constantly thinking of others to add! BTW, I couldn't possibly WRITE with that kind of music on! I have my few "writing songs"....and there's a piano CD I have that I can write along to...but it has to be on very low volume.....Thanks for the great comments!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.