Saturday, February 6, 2010

** It's Working Again! More News To Follow! **

Yay! I can blog again! I can blog again!  Thanks to all my blogger buddies who so quickly answered my request this morning for help. I was really surprised at the swiftness and kind words......although, I shouldn't have been.....y'all are wonderful people!

Unfortunately, I had already tried everything everyone suggested, and it still would not let me post anything new. I could swear I also tried it on my main computer and not just my laptop....but, as I just signed on and tried it here on the main one.....it is working! Alas, the laptop is still not working, but that can certainly wait for now, until I can send out a call for help!!

How stifling it's been to not be able to blog. How frantic I've felt! Guess I'm kind of addicted, huh?!

* On February 3rd, I wrote about having some new ideas for my blog. (Not being able to post, wasn't one of them!) I thought of the NANOWRIMO "Word Counter" that many used during November. I wanted to have something similar to let people know how well, or not so well, I'm doing with writing my book. So, my hope is to add a new Gadget on the right had column, to display that information. I won't always be posting a word count, because some days I may just be organizing some things I've already written and putting them into chapters. I may post how many chapters or pages I've written, also, instead of a word count. I think it will really help and encourage me, having that to look at! So, please feel free to make comments about what you see on it, too. You can't leave comments on the Gadget area itself, but you can leave one at my newest post, or whatever I might think of later.

Thanks again to all my friends who answered my call for help this morning.....even those kind enough to answer and say, "I have no answers!"

"How beautiful a day can be, when kindness touches it!" -- George Elliston

11 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to see you are finally able to post. Isn't it terrible to be out of touch like that? If there is anything else on your laptop acting funky I would definitely recommend a virus scan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janel. Yes, it really was awful being out of touch! How spoiled I am! I do have an anti-virus program running at all times, but I'll look into doing another scan. Thanks again for your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you were having troubles, but am glad to hear things are better for you now.

    The word counter sounds like a good idea and good motivator too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it's now working for you! Now I'm having problems with mine, but it's been since I downloaded some unrelated Windows updates. ARG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Daisy! Yes, technology is great....when it's working correctly! And my "work in progress" should really help me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tammy! I'm so sorry that now YOU'RE having problems with your computer! Now that I think of it...I just recently updated something on my laptop, too....but I can't imagine how that,,,,or anything,,,,,would effect just one part of the blog! I guess that's why I'm not a techie! <is that a word? And how its spelled??

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Becky! I'm new at this. May I just say that hearing (reading) all of your post is really moving or exciting. And I would like you to know just how excited I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back to the blogmosphere. It is addictive, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Pat....Oh yeah, definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to say thank you to "Anonymous" for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it and am happy to know you enjoy reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.