Friday, April 9, 2010

* Wasted Days & Wasted Nights *

Why am I still awake at 1:30 am again? A title of an old song by the late, great Freddy Fender comes to mind: "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights".

Although, I don't ever purposely waste any time, it's days like this that really bother me. I didn't sleep well Wednesday night, mostly because dear old Tiger woke me up twice to go outside. Once was around midnight, and again around 3:30am. Both times I was deep in sleep, in the midst of weird, wacky dreams. I was so "out of it" I barely remember getting up, and both times, I easily fell back asleep.

All I can say is, when I DID wake up at 6:30 Thursday morning, I felt like I'd been run over by a Mac truck, as the saying goes. I got up for a few minutes, had a headache, went back to bed, and slept most of the day....waking up with the same or a new headache in the late afternoon. I even had to cancel my dinner plans with two gal pals. And when THAT happens, you know I'm not feeling good.

And how strange that my last blog post was about needing and having spare minutes!

So, did I get anything accomplished today?  I slept. I ordered pizza delivery for dinner. I answered some much-needed-to-be-answered e-mails. I read many blogs. And I'm now going to read until I fall asleep. Well, any day that includes reading, writing, and pizza can't be all bad!

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken." -- Oscar Wilde

16 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds like you accomplished a lot, particularly getting some much needed rest. Also, quality pizza time is never a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pollen headaches are a bear! Hope you feel better today. If I could, I would go back to bed, but it's off to work I go to deal with the little sneezers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Becky. I know how those kind of headaches can be as I had them all the time--not so often anymore though. Maybe that is becasue so many other bones and places ache, I just don't notice the head anymore!

    Linda, Little Sneezers? GREAT! Never heard that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky...Hope today finds you 100% better and raring to go! Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lisa! You're right! I DID need that rest/sleep! Every now and then my crazy sleep patterns catch up with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Linda! I never thought about the possibility that my headache might be allergy related. So far, so good today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claudia! Thanks! I'm getting that way, too...I'm sorry to say! Aches and pains that I wonder why, and just assume it's 'cause I'm getting older! Acckkk!
    I'm sorry you are experiencing them, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan! Thanks! I'm definitely better today, but not quite in that "raring to go" space yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes you just have to catch up...on sleep, that is. Hope you're well rested and chipper soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Pat! You're a sweetie! What would I do without all my friends?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you got some rest after writing this post. Babies, both human and furry-type, are notorious sleep disturbers (is that a word??) Hopefully that headache will stay away today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janel! Thanks! Yeah, it's rough! I've been telling people that it's like having a baby in the house again..and 'specially since I'M the only one getting up with her! :o
    But that's okay! I really don't mind, and my hubby has to get up for a "real" job every day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Becky,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog - I love this quote by Oscar Wilde! Sounds like you had a very restful day - those can be rare...I hate it when I can't sleep!

    Looking forward to following ya!

    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia! Thanks for commenting and becoming a follower! I just became a follower of yours, too. Have a great day and wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's okay to take care of yourself... hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Lynn! I need to remind myself of that. I've always professed that women get sick, because that's when we'll actually "allow" ourselves to really rest and do nothing!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.