Friday, May 7, 2010

** Colossal News About Tiny Lights **

I've mentioned Tiny Lights several times. It's a "Journal of Personal Narrative";  an online and print publication that I write for. I received their newsletter today, "Sparks" and was so surprised (and thrilled) to see that my fabulous friend, Tammy, is the featureed writer this month on Searchlights and Signal Flares! Way to go, Tammy!! The question for this month was, "What is the difference between lying and pretending?" Please head on over to Tiny Lights and read a little bit about Tammy and her response to the question. After reading it, you'll see why she was the chosen one! Tammy's writing never ceases to amaze me. I always envision myself bowing down to her, like Wayne and Garth, in "Wayne's World"....."I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!" 

Each answer is short, so please pop on over there and check them out. Another name you may recognize is one of my newer blog friends: Jenny Matlock! Good to see you on there again, Jenny!

There's also questions for upcoming months, calls for submissions, and a place to sign up for the Sparks newsletter. Anyone can submit an answer to the monthly questions. Just send 'em in, and as long as they're quality writing and not of "unprintable" nature, they will be published!

Tell Susan Bono "hello" and tell her Becky sent ya!!

“A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change.” -- Unknown

11 comments:

  1. Some great answers! What an interesting place to hang out and look around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Becky!!! I'M the one who doesn't feel worthy of all of your overwhelmingly flattering comments. And it's clear why you were chosen to be one of their columnists. LOVE the chapter titles for your book, by the way! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janel! Yes, you should submit some things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tammy! Are we getting just disgusting in our praise of each other?! We're probably making everyone else just gag! Sorry about that!! I'll try to tone it down a bit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, you are not digusting in your praise, Becky. It is just great you gals can wallow in both the joy of pleasure and success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky, I'll take a look - I actually started to write something for that and never did finish, but I'm sure Tammy's is far more worthy! Congrats Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just read both Tammy and your essay. Very well done gals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Claudia! ...Uh, thanks?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynn! Thanks...and yes, you really should send something in! All the writers reading this should!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becky...finally got to read these for myself...loved your answer, featured writer and more. Hope I can keep up with reading this site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claudia! Thank you so much! Don't feel bad if you can't keep up with all the reading! It's definitely hard and/or impossible some days! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.