Thursday, July 1, 2010

* Wow...It's July 1st Already *

Happy July 1st! My son, Scott, did indeed make it home last night! I thought he looked good, (except for being too thin) especially considering everything he's been through and the long flight home, etc. His company flew him home first-class and he said that helped considerably. (I think he said his seat was kind of a recliner, which may be standard for first-class international flights.)

He saw his doctor today and has to go back tomorrow for some tests, so he's still not out of the woods yet. I'm still concerned about his overall recovery and possible infection, etc. So, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. (I told him last night how many of my friends, blog friends, writer friends, relatives, etc. had asked about him and were keeping him in their thoughts. He was genuinely touched.) In honor of Scott's return back home, I only had one song on today's play list: Home Again, by John Denver....seemed rather appropriate!



I was so excited to see my 70th Follower today: Then the unbelievable happened. Follower #71. Thank you so much to Belle and TK for being the two newest "Blissful Becky Followers"! This definitely calls for another Give-Away! I'm not even sure if I had one in June. I think the month may have flown by before I realized it. Well, I certainly will not forget to have one this month. I already have some pretty good ideas, too.....and NO, you won't be required to swing on a trapeze in 1950's bathing suits!! I just felt the need for a funny picture or two.....


When I was young, I loved watching the TV show Hazel. I thought Hazel was a very kind woman, and a great maid. I thought her cute little bedroom, off the kitchen, was just perfect, too. What else could a woman want?!

The last couple of years, I've been lamenting: I need a "Hazel"!!  I just can't seem to keep up with everything anymore...especially spending so much time writing and blogging!!


"But, my dear, I knew when I was a baby what I wanted to do, and I'll tell you, kiddo, if you don't do what your heart tells you, you'll never be real." -- Shirley Booth

12 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, I look forward to getting to know you through your blog and mine. I just love your layout and the sweet vintage pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give Scott a virtual hug from me. He has no clue who I am, but hugs are known to ease blood pressure, reduce anxiety, minimize stress, and create smiles. Hugs are where it's at, buttercup! While you're at it, have him hug you for me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your boy is back where he belongs, near his mom. I loved Hazel too. Love her quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee-hee! Those old comedy shows beat the heck out of what's on television now. My personal favorite: "I Love Lucy". It never fails to make me laugh!

    Glad your boy is safely back home!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quote, too! So glad Scott is back home to complete the healing process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear Scott is home (and so are you)!!!!!

    Wishing both of you well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scott's being home safely will give you a Fourth of July to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Becky....I'm SO GLAD your boy is home at last. Praise the Lord! Congratulations on your 71st Follower, too. Whenever a new Follower joins, it's cause for celebration, isn't it? It's always so exciting for me! Take care, Becky. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you son arrived home safely!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear about Scott, he's in my thoughts! Give him a hug from me, okay? :)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi TK! Thanks so much for everything! I look forward to getting to know you, too! Glad yo like my layout and pictures! :)

    Hi Lisa! Thanks for the virtual hugs. You're a sweetie and I agree about the good things that hugs do for people. (please read newer post, for more news about Scott)

    Hi Linda! Thanks! Glad you liked Hazel, too...and her quote!

    Hi K9 Pat! Thanks! I love all the oldie-but-goodie shows, too!!

    Hi Tammy! Thanks! Yep...more healing to be done...as you'll see in newer post.

    Hi Snap! Thanks so much!

    Hi Bookie/Claudia! Thank you so much!

    Hi Susan! Thanks so much. And Yes, I always get so excited when I get a new follower!

    Hi Sue! Thanks! Yes, I'm so glad he's home...where he can now get (hopefully) the best care.

    Hi Estrella! Thank you so much. I'll definitely give him bunches of hugs from all my blog friends, after I'm finally able to hug him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness he is home and under the watchful eye of mom! sandie

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.