Friday, September 17, 2010

** Fantabulous Friday **

I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I love to use the words fabulous and fantastic (and marvelous!) In fact, I use them quite often, so my title for tonight combines at least two of those words. I could've squeezed a portion of "marvelous" in somehow, but I didn't want a Fabrication Friday!

I really don't have much else to write about tonight, other than to share my feelings of what kind of week I've had. It's been a weird one. Some of what I've learned or experienced first hand, I may blog about later. I'm not sure yet. Please forgive me if I sound mysterious or dramatic, because that's not my intention at all. It just hasn't been my "normal" kind of week, and here I am, late on a Friday night, and the title of my post is Fantabulous Friday. The good has totally outweighed the bad, by far.

One of my firm beliefs is that no matter what the day brings.....it's like the weather: It will always change! And part of that change can truly be controlled by me. I can choose to change my attitude. I can choose to turn around and make a difference. I can choose to let things get me down, or I can concentrate on the wonderful, fantabulous parts of life.

For my quote tonight, I'm going to post something I just heard this morning and it really grabbed me. It will probably end up as one of my main quotes! It's part of the lyrics from a song called "Anthem" by the fantabulous Leonard Cohen.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

7 comments:

  1. Loved this post, Becky. We all have a choice in what we do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote and you have a positive attitude. That's the number one thing that will see us through. Have agood weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quote, Becky! We all have a choice as to how we react to what goes on in our lives. We can't always control what happens,but we can control our reaction. Thank you for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely quote. We can't prevent not-so-nice things from happening, but we can choose to not let those things affect us too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Leonard Cohen too---have for decades. When I first heard the song "Hallelujiah" sung by Jeff Buckley, I was wowed by his voice, but of course the song's lyrics were amazing, too. Then when I heard it was written by Cohen, I thought, "It figures..."

    Sometimes I like to wallow in negative muck--too much--but am slowly learning to see things in a more positive light. I hope your next week is more "normal..."

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.