Monday, October 25, 2010

** This 'n That & Tea Cups, Too! **

Life gets in the way sometimes, and disrupts our schedules, doesn't it? That happens to me a lot!

As I mentioned yesterday, I planned to photograph some beautiful trees today in a nearby neighborhood, but I just didn't make it over there. Hopefully, the leaves will hang on another day or two, waiting for me to get there with my camera! BUT, I did take this picture of my back yard neighbor's trees. Remember I posted some on September 30th, and said I'd share more later? They still haven't reached their peak, but I thought the one in particular was really pretty.
Can you see those two round-ish looking things in the top? I've decided those must be owls' nests, because they are huge and that's the direction I've heard some hooting coming from! Maybe I'll get to see some of those beautiful birds sometime soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tiger-Gal had to get her nails clipped today. All of a sudden, they were way too long. She even got a cute Halloween bandana from her favorite doggie place, Kennelwood Pet Resorts!

I love both photos, don't you?




  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd like to welcome my newest follower, Ms. Lou Turner! Hey, Lou....great to have you stop by! If Lou's name sounds familiar, it's because she's also a member of Saturday Writers  AND my publisher from High Hill Press. Welcome, Lou!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And last, but certainly not least....I'm finally participating in Tea Cup Tuesday again! It's been quite a long time, mostly because I just couldn't get my act together in time to post my photos, etc. I'm joining Terri at Artful Afirmations and Martha at Martha's Favorites.


 I bought this beautiful cup and saucer just this past Saturday, the 23rd. I found it at one of my favorite consignment shops, Garvey Decor. I not only buy things there, but I also sell some of mine, too!

 I never look for anything in particular. No particular brands or colors or patterns. Just whatever catches my eye, and is what I consider a reasonable price!

 I loved everything about this one. The beautiful colors, the delicate handle and the pedestal "feet" on the cup!


      My camera doesn't take the greatest pictures, but just the inside of the cup has an iridescent shine. I know I'm probably not describing it properly. Hopefully, someone knows the name for that.

The name on the bottom of the cup and plate says: Original Napco China, Hand Painted. Then it looks like the number 1, and two capital D's and 239. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A bit of a hodgepodge post today, but that's what makes life interesting I think! Hope you thought so, too!


 “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

22 comments:

  1. Yea Becky, you got your post to work!
    I am sorry I didn't see your e-mail until just now...I was sleeping, since England is hours off of US time.
    Your tea cup and saucer are gorgeous! I love the luster of the cup and those flowers are so pretty. Footed tea cups always seem like they are extra special, don't they?

    I meant to take fall photos before I left home too, but I didn't get the chance. Love those beautiful colors!

    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teacup IS lovely. That's the first time I've seen one with feet..Is that unusual? (And the pearl-y inside finish DID show up on the photo!)

    My daughter has a friend whose dog actually chews her nails and keeps them trimmed---no need to clip them. I wish my dogs did that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hodge podge, I like that; it's like going to a buffet and sampling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The autumn colors are very pretty, and yes, I love the pictures of Tiger. What a sweetie! Life gets in the way of my schedule all the time! HA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiger look quite beautiful with her new manicure and bandana!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, cup, Becky. I love the little feet.

    Had tornado watch here last until 6 this morning. NOT an autumn fun thing...weird. Only a few days of October left, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiger looks adorable in the bandana. I noticed Cooper's nails were clicking loudly yesterday too, except we don't get accessories when we visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a spectacular tea cup and saucer!! Just beautiful!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such an unusual teacup with its little feet!

    Lovely pictures. Hope you spot those owls some time. I love owls, and often hear one at night near our house but I have no idea which tree it lives in. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww Tiger does feel good and pretty with her seasonal bandana and pawcure...my Verdel used to look at him in the mirror after grooming (it was impresive, because I swear, he was striking poses!! a true Zoolander! (OMG - Zoo, get it? ha!))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice that you have owls nests so close. And no - I don't understand how life gets in the way for you. I always do what I intend. Ha!!!

    Nice tea cups.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love the tea cup and its very unusual *feet*. Happy tea day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Becky hodge podge is like life to me! I like it and it feels like getting to know you better. I love that teacup with the little feet and the iridescence. Beautiful. Things look to be busy and happy with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love autumn; my favourite season.

    Tiger-Gal is looking as cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Becky...Lovely tea cup. Just lovely. Trees are beautiful there, too! Take care and have a wonderful day. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photo, the tree is very pretty and I love the idea that those must be owl's nests :) Can't wait for new photos!

    Tiger is so sweet!!! Looks so cute in her Halloween bandana.
    And the teacup is lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally beautiful teacup!! I LOVE the colors. And I love the feet. You know, I have about 30 teacups...and not a single one of them is footed. I NEED to get a footed cup.

    I understand about having intentions to do something, but not getting it done. I think we all struggle with that, as things always seem to interrupt our best-laid plans.

    Wishing you a wonderful day,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesomely beautiful teacup and saucer.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  19. There's a fun award for you on my blog if you'd be up for accepting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, Becky!!!! Your blog looks GREAT!!! Way to go.

    :>)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love ALL the pictures and your new blog background, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello There! I saw your comment about the lovely tea cup that you found, and just today I myself found a beautiful cup at an auction with the same luster and pretty feet. On the bottom was also the very same Napco sticker and the same exact number! What is very interesting about this is that the actual pattern that is listed under that number is very different from either yours or mine! Im thinking that I may have indeed bought an imposter. However, on the bright side, I did not buy it for the brand, but because it just caught my eye. Just thought it was an interesting tidbit to share!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.