Thursday, January 6, 2011

* Mutual Birthdays! *

♫♪ They say it's your birthday. It's my birthday too, yeah. They say it's your birthday. We're gonna have a good time. I'm glad it's your birthday. Happy birthday to you! ♪♫
by Lennon/McCartney

 Yes, today is my birthday and it's been a great one. Why? Did I receive lots of expensive gifts? No. Did I receive at least ONE expensive gift? Nope. But I did receive thoughtful, perfect gifts, loving hugs, birthday cards in the mail, tons of birthday wishes on facebook, e-mails and texts. Oh, and a phone call or two. What could be better? Thanks to all my family and friends!
This is my friend "K" and I at a tea room where we had our birthday lunch today. We've met for lunch on or near our birthday just about every year for many years!

I have other friends who share my birthday, too. There is "C" who used to be a neighbor of mine in our old neighborhood. There's "W" who's an (old!) high school pal. He and I went on one date in high school. It was a Girl-Ask-Boy Dance. And, I just realized this evening that a blog friend, Rachel Cotterill, is also celebrating her birthday today! Happy Birthday!

(Here's some celebrities born on January 6th, too. Loretta Young, Danny Thomas, Carl Sandburg and Bonnie Franklin. That's just a few of many, but they are my favorites.)
(google image)
"A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip."  ~Author Unknown

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Becky! Sounds like you had a great day. Hope this is the start of a great year for you. Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I didn't know, but I'm glad I found out.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Becky!!!! I am so glad that your day was wonderful.

    God bless,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you cute in black and white polka dots! Happy Birthday! What tea room did you celebrate in? St. Charles one or another? Sounds like a great day for you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a great day! The Boy got a remote-control helicopter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday, Dear Becky, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUU! Now if I were there, I'd be singing that in person. So glad your day was blessed. Hope your new year of life will be filled with so many good things you cannot count them. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, Happy Birthday. You're not getting older, you're getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday and I'm so glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your special day! Ahhhh! Birthdays and best friends...priceless!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! I'm glad to hear you had a fun day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Kat, Chatty, Kathy, Bookie, Janel, Susan, Sioux, Linda, K9Pat, & Daisy! I have been showered with birthday wishes from so many friends....it's been wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, Happy Birthday to you dear Becky! Glad to hear you had a wonderful celebration of life. We share the same BD month, yes, my BD is on the 3rd.
    Big hugs--Wayna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! You are lookin' good!!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday, Becky! Glad you had a fun time today.

    Drop by and enter my giveaway if you get a chance. I'd love for you to have a shot at the prize.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday again, Becky! Glad to hear you're enjoying your trip around the sun. How perfect for someone like you who is reaching for the stars and is somewhat of a trip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becky, I'm late commenting here. It sounds like your birthday was fun. I wish you joy and all good things with my belated Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday for yesterday, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey Becky! happy new year!!! and thanks a lot for your beautiful card - I LOVE it!!
    Happy Birthday (a little late) to you!! I am sorry I missed the day, but have been kind of away from the blogosphere for the last week or so... hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, I am truly overwhelmed by all the kind and thoughtful and informative and funny birthday wishes!! Thank you June, Wayna, Sue, Sheila, Tammy, Myrna, Ellie and OJ!! Hugs to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Belated Birthday. Another thing we share in common - January birthdays. Hope its a great month. I enjoy stretching the celebration for a while :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.