Sunday, June 12, 2011

Thanking Others For Their Kindness

Blogger Joyce Lansky wrote a nice review about the book she won from me: "Gone With a Handsomer Man" by Michael Lee West. You can read it here: Book Review. Thank you, Joyce! That was very kind of you.

Another Blogger friend, Patricia Preston replied to one of my comments and mentioned she was drinking her iced tea from a pretty goblet, as a little treat for herself that day. I thought that sounded wonderful and so I'm doing the same thing tonight! Thanks, Patricia! I'm using the goblet I recently took photos of, with shadows and light. I may have shown them before, too. I bought them at Goodwill a few months ago, grabbing every single one they had, (nine) in the same pattern, of course! They were only 50¢ a piece!

The newest Searchlights & Signal Flares is online at Tiny Lights. I've mentioned this wonderful site before. The editor, Susan Bono, is a very talented writer, teacher, editor and just plain great friend! Please check out this site. It's your chance to be published online, no fees, no fuss! (and yes, No Payment, but I believe that when you're a new writer, or even an experienced one, having something published and getting your name "out there" is sometimes a very good thing, even if once in a while you don't receive a payment for it.) Susan's printed and online journal is a class act. Check out all the details there. Susan is also presently looking for stories for her quarterly Flash in the Pan, 500 words or less. Check that out, too!

Oh! One more thing.You know how I've been searching for a quiet, out of the way place, for a personal writer's retreat?? A fabulous, very generous relative is permitting me to stay in her condo at no charge, although I offered approximately four times, to pay her something for it! Isn't that wonderful? I'm not going to divulge any other info. Just know that I'll be writing, writing, writing...and hopefully come back home with a much-closer-to-being-completed-book!

"Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes." -- Clare Boothe Luce

21 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time on your retreat! Sounds delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out and link to my blog. It's the least I can do after winning such a wonderful autographed book.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time away ... treasure the quiet & peace.
    Have a beautiful week.
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went and looked at the photos of your goblets. Yours are much prettier than mine!! BTW, I love your blog. It is so pretty. Now, I'm gonna go get some tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you are going to have a place to write, Becky. When are you going? Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you have a place to relax and write. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds wonderful, Becky! Enjoy your "me" time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a great time Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good things come to good people. And you are one of the best.

    Enjoy!

    *hugs*

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you found a retreat! When will you be going?
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you,Karen! I can't wait to get there!

    Hi Joyce! Thanks so much!

    Hi Marydon! I surely will enjoy the time away and the quiet and the peace! It does sound wonderful, doesn't it?

    Hi Patricia! Awe..you're very sweet! I'm glad you like my blog...AND right now I'm drinking my coffee from a huge mug that was in the top kitchen cabinet; I hadn't seen or thought of it in AGES. It's always fun to drink out of something different. That's why I'm always buying one particular mug, or tea cup, etc. I'll be drinking my iced tea, later, from my goblet! :)

    Hey Susan! Thank you! I'm not sure when I'm leaving..but soon!

    Hi Linda! Thank you! I hope I will be "in the flow" the entire time there!

    Thank you, Dianna!

    Hey Chatty! Thanks!

    Hi Mo! Gosh, you gals are embarrassing me! But thanks! :D

    Hi Alice! Thanks! I'm not sure yet, but will let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your writing retreat. I love the quote. It's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful time on your retreat. I am happy it worked out. Thanks for the writing opportunities too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You deserve to have a wonderful time. As always thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great time at your retreat, Becky! I hope you can get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray for your writing retreat! I hope you get lots of peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I'm so pleased that you have found a little retreat to really crack on with your writing, Becky! When do you go? Wishing you well with it all anyway. Hey, guess what, I received a lovely hand-written card in the post this morning. That was such a lovely surprise and such a nice thought. Thank you so much!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carol! Thank you...I hope to really enjoy it AND write like crazy! Glad you like the quote, too!

    Hi Barb! Thank you!

    Hey Myrna! Thank you, too!

    Hi Daisy! Thanks!

    Thank you, Lydia!

    Hi Thisisme! Thank you so much! And I'm so glad you liked the note I sent!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The retreat at the condo sounds perfect, how wonderful!

    Thanks for sharing about Susan Bono's site, I was not familiar with it and definitely want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julie! Thank you so much! And yes, check out Susan's site...if you e-mail her, tell her "Becky sent me!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sending good thoughts and wishes for a very successful retreat!
    Best,
    Allison
    http://allison-thisisthelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.