Sunday, August 14, 2011

* Nostalgic Sundays *

Time is just flying by too fast. If you've read my blog for very long, you've probably seen where I've said something like, "I'd love to throw a lasso around the earth and slow it down for a while....Not stop it. No. Just slow it down."

Today has been a serendipitous adventure. While blog reading and commenting, I jumped from blog to blog, not stopping at every one of them, silly!...and one seemed to lead to another, and I discovered/learned some things about myself, my writing, and my wonderful blog friends. All that magical karma!

I'd like to thank Randi for sharing her thoughts about my book title and our camaraderie through our e-mails.

I'd like to thank Ms. Lou for her post about John Wayne, which led my thoughts to Greenfield, Iowa, which led me back to my book.

And last but not least, I'd like to thank Madeleine for her post about taking a Blog Holiday and getting back to her writing!

And what does all this have to do with Nostalgic Sunday? Writing my memoir. And I'm borrowing Madeleine's idea for a blog holiday because I know it will do me a world of good.

Until I'm back, I'll leave the front porch light on!

"Nothing you write, if you hope to be any good, will ever come out as you first hoped." Lillian Helman



14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your blog holiday. Hope you get alot of writing done.

    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a productive holiday. And I thank you for the link to the John Wayne post--I have a serious awe for that actor. I can always get into a movie with The Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your break. We all need a break from time to time. I enjoy visiting here and recently spoke with Linda in Georgia who was fortunate to sit and chat with you while you were visiting. She and Sandie are two of my very favorite people. I love meeting new friends and hope to do som chatting myself come mid-fall. Enjoy the break and just don't forget us. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blog holiday will surely rocket your memior down the road, Becky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to let us all know how this focused approach works - I know I don't have that discipline worked out yet!

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoy your blog holiday, Becky!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy holiday Becky. I know you'll get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't be gone too long--I was just getting used to hanging around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great holiday, and write your little heart out. We'll be here when you return. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a productive holiday. I'll be watching for your return. But not in a stalker kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Becky,

    I can actually picture you lassoing the earth to slow it down.

    *giggle*

    I wish you could.

    *hugs*

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blog holidays are good for the soul.

    (And the writing, too!)

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.