Monday, August 22, 2011

We Interrupt This Blog-a-Vacation.....

Just a bit of news to share with my local blog pals: (that's LOCAL, but if LOCO fits, you're included!)

If you haven't already heard, the Spencer Creek Library will be closed beginning September 17th and will reopen in early 2012, in its fabulous, brand new location....next door to the existing one!


Click on the link to find out where to pick up and drop off your library books, etc.

Also, there won't be a gift shop in the new library. I stopped in today and was told they just can't get enough volunteers to fill all the hours they need to stay open. I'll miss that little shop. They always had great bargains on used books and unique gifts. BUT, if you're really looking for a bargain, stop in between now and August 31, (when they will close) because everything in the shop is between 25 cents and 1 dollar! I bought a couple of things but will go back later this evening, after I have time to think about what I might need! (grand children gifts, and my ever-popular give-aways at Saturday Writers meetings!)

Also, Welcome to my newest follower,  The Time Sculptor's Secret, I hope you'll stop by often and always enjoy what you read and see! Thank you!
 "When I got my library card, that's when my life began." ~Rita Mae Brown

7 comments:

  1. I love when a library outgrows its current location! It gives me warm fuzzies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A library is a most wonderful thing! The one thing my daughter enjoyed before we moved to where we are now is the wonderful handicap accessible library where we lived for 6 months. We really miss it. I can just imagine how beautiful and exciting the new Spencer Creek Library will be!!!
    Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love my local library, too - such a magical place...

    Have a great blog -a- vacation!

    T.K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My town library was located at the four-way stop, over the firehouse. It was run by an old lady named Hildy, who had cerebral palsy. My mom took us there once a week during summer vacation. I read the books off the shelves. Trixie Belden, Annette, Nancy Drew.

    It was more fun than spending my 25-cents-a-week allowance on Nik L Nips, Boston Baked Beans, Wax Mustaches, Candy Necklaces, Candy Cigarettes, Lemonheads, Candy Buttons on paper tape, Pixie Sticks, Red Licorice Ropes, Candy Lipsticks, Chick O Sticks, and Bubblegum Cigars at the Mom-and-Pop candy store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share your other readers' affection for the library. I'll never forget my first visit at 5 years old...it was magic. I still feel that way 50 years later! My library has helped me in ways that no other institution has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have loved libraries from a very early age - could spend hours wandering the aisles....Hope you're having a great vacation,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone! Gee, why does it not surprise me to read in your comments that writers LOVE libraries!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.