Thursday, February 2, 2012

* GROUNDHOG DAY *

(This is a repeat from a 2010 blog post, with just a couple of tweaks. I LOVE this movie and it just seems appropriate to repeat it, repeat it.....ba-dum-dum!)


And now, a few words and photos from one of my favorite movies: "Groundhog Day", starring Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell.








"Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cold out there today."
"Do you ever have déjà vu, Mrs. Lancaster?"
"I don't think so, but I could check with the kitchen."


"Hey now, don't you tell me you don't remember me 'cause I sure as heckfire remember you."

"NEEDLE-NOSE NED?...NED RYERSON?" ..... "BING!"

"IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! ..... LET'S LIVE HERE!"


(photos courtesy imdb.com and archive.dailypicture.net)
Welcome to my newest followers, Laura, Jenny and Teresa. I hope you'll stop by often and always enjoy what you read and see. Thank you!


"Love is the answer. Shine on us all. Set us free. Love is the answer." -- EMI Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.


(P.S. I know this song isn't used in the movie, but I love the music & lyrics. Bill Murray's character is finally set free, when he realized love was the answer.)

12 comments:

  1. Andie MacDowell was really cute in this movie!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue and Sioux! Thanks for stopping by. I can watch that movie over, and over, and over...it's like Deja Vu all over again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's one of my favorite movies. There have been days when I have wondered if I'm in that kind of time warp, repeating the same things. Sometimes, I finally get it - love is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't celebrate Groundhog Day, so this movie never really clicked for me. It should have though, my life often feels like it is stuck in rewind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a movie I've never seen. I like my Bill Murray in Meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this movie. So long since I've seen it, though. Must remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do I dare say - I havent seen this movie! Its got to be on the list. Love your quote at the top of your blog, too :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my husband's favorite movies! The other day he had to give a computer program tutorial class, so I went along to watch. There were about 40 people in the class and I was so embarrassed because right at the beginning, my husband repeated word for word a whole section that he had just barely talked about. I though he was losing his mind for a moment, until the next slide was a picture of Bill Murray and the groundhog. The whole class erupted into laughter and I finally got it because it was Feb. 2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great movie. I'm not a huge fan of Bill Murray, but I loved him in this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Myrna! Thank you. What a wonderful comment!

    Hi Elephant's Child! That's funny, I never thought about other countries not having a Groundhog Day! Actually, though, the fact that it's GH Day doesn't really have that much to do with the story. He just happens to be covering that "holiday", when he begins reliving the same day. Over and Over, etc! :D

    OMG, Val! You've never seen it?? Well, your homework is to rent it and watch it at least 2 times! :)
    And Meatballs? hmmm....!

    Hi Ellie! As far as I'm concerned, this movie never gets old...no matter how many times you've seen it!

    Hi Becky! Thank you for commenting here, and also about my quote! And yes, I think you and Cricket would love watching the movie! :)

    Hi Nancy! Thanks! Yep...wonderful movie!

    OMG, Randi! Your husband is hilarious! Loved that! He's got my sense of humor!

    Hi Lisa! Yes, Bill Murray can be really annoying in some movies, and/or scenes..but I did love him in this one, too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.