Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Autumn Bliss - Part 2

Hello Everyone!

As I wrote on Monday's post, I'm sharing some photos taken during our walk.....Vern and I. 

I started taking them as soon as we left our house. Some of them aren't very good, but I'm surprised they're not all one big blur! I managed to get Vern to stop for a second or two when I wanted to take a picture. The two of him in front of me with the outstretched leash were taken while we walked. That was  a bit hard to do! Sometimes he's on a real mission to get to where we're going, and other times he zigzags, stops and sniffs. (I also want to point out that I always carry a little Doggy Do-Do baggie. We don't leave anything behind to show that we were there!)

A couple of the pictures had to be cropped a little more than I really wanted to do, but I also wanted to get rid of street names.

As you can see, we live in a newer neighborhood, where some of the trees are quite small. Everywhere I drive, though, is prettier than the next. I could practically run off the road just looking from tree to tree! (Don't worry, I'm kidding, but I do take in as much of their beauty as I can!)



















This last picture is of our neighbor's tree which is right next to our driveway. Our garage is there on the left. When the wind blows, the leaves just flutter down from it and it's like a dream world. I just have to get a picture of that!


* The photos will enlarge if you click on them.*





"Listen to the trees as they sway in the wind. Their leaves are telling secrets...." -- Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration

22 comments:

  1. Ah, there they are! Soo beautiful, Becky, love all your pics. Those trees are so nice and colorfully "dressed". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at fall foilage is one of my favorite things. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well looking at your photography
    I feel I am at my daughters area.

    She lives in the area such as you live in.

    Beautiful trees of Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fall it is so beautiful with all the lovely colors of the 'falling' leaves. Your pictures are lovely. We still have a few that are in their peak, but most are over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Becky. It really is the best time of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all those stunning autumn colours of the trees. Beautiful photos Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. I can just see you walking and soaking in the beauty. Vern seems to do that too.

    I'll be thinking of you on my walk with my dogs today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such a beautiful walk. I love fall so much and hate that it goes by so quickly!

    Love Vern's pic when he's on a mission, you can tell it's serious business. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. And it will just get more beautiful as the trees mature!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty, Becky. I really like the one where Vern is looking back behind him. He is evenly spaced between the sidewalk.

    It is so pretty where you live!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a lovely walk!

    On my drive home from work today the clouds were gray and puffy. Every gust of wind blew a few more leaves across the road. My first thought: This scene looks totally like Halloween!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed "going along with you" on your walk, Becky. Thank you for sharing the photos. The trees are so pretty. I love all the bright reds and yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Becky....That was a lovely walk! The foliage shots are just terrific. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm just like you. Snap, snap, snap the camera when it comes to sharing gorgeous foliage.

    Take care and have a nice Thursday. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I was out and about on Saturday, the leaves weren't too impressive - but yesterday, they were in full riotous color and so pretty!

    I love Fall!

    Great pics, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it. Beautiful post - in every sense of the word. I love that Vern's leash is at full extension. Walking our german shepherd (when I was a child) was like that too, unless the leash was given to me where upon the poor dog would just about cross his legs trying to not pull me off my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful neighborhood in which you live! Pardon the term, but I'm besotted with Autumn.
    ....Mind if I take a mental stroll with you tomorrow?

    Thanks for these captures, Becky!
    ~ Myra

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of the colors at this time of year. Vern is so cute! Give him a treat from Cooper and me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Becky - I am really enjoying seeing your photos of your walks - seeing your dog - the change of colors - so pretty there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the shot of Vern where he's turned around to face you. "C'mon already! We'll be late!"

    Thanks for the autumn leaf fix. I'll be good through the weekend now. No signs here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos, Becky. This is such a bright time of year, and Vern is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.